Problem with presentation of Subtotal Amount without VAT

• Thank you received: 3
4 years 6 months ago #311778

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.14

Hello, In the cart in checkout workflow there is a summarize of the client order with three values:
- Subtotal
- VAT
- Total
I would like to present Subtotal without VAT, then VAT, and then Total including VAT – in the checkout this works after setting in the Checkout Configuration option “Price with tax” as NO.

However in (a) e-mail confirmation and (b) list of orders Subtotal is still presented including VAT - obviously I would like to present this amount same as in the chceckout, without VAT.

I would like to ask you for a hint how solve this problem.

Additional question from my side is if is it possible to have unit prices in the checkout/e-mail/order list as price with VAT and then summarizing: Subtotal as amount without VAT, then VAT and then Total with VAT (setting in the Checkout Configuration option “Price with tax” as NO allows to present in checkout Subtotal as amount without VAT but also convert unit prices as prices without VAT).

Regards,
Greg

Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Greg_C.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
4 years 6 months ago #311780

Hi,

In the HikaShop configuration, you can find a similar “Price with tax” setting under the "Tax" section which will be used for all the emails as well as the listings and product pages on your website. So you should also turn off that setting.

Now, if you want the prices with taxes, but only display the subtotal without tax, there is no option to do that. You would have to create view overrides for each view / email where the cart / order is displayed to change that.
The modification is easy if you know PHP, but you would have to modify a dozen or so different places. To find which view files to edit for each zone, you can use the "Display view files" setting of the HikaShop configuration:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...-display.html#layout

4 years 6 months ago #311837

Hi Nicolas, Unfortunately I cannot use configuration > taxes > “Show taxed prices” as “No tax” – because with this setting client see on product page only net price (without VAT) instead of the gross price (with VAT) and this will be confusing for the client because the standard presentation for the client should be either the final price (with VAT) or both prices (with and without VAT). I have also tried to use configuration > taxes > “Show taxed prices” as “Display both” and with this setting information on product page is acceptable because Client see both prices with and without VAT – also presentation in checkout is correct and client see unit price without VAT and subtotal without vat - however when “Display both” is set then Unit price and Subtotal amount in e-mail and order listing contains amount with VAT. It will be confusing for the Client to see in fact Subtotal (with VAT) = Total (with VAT).
Is it possible to change presentation for e-mail and order listing in the same way as it is for checkout or at least to have possibility to present Subtotal amount without VAT when “Show taxed prices” is set as “Display both” ? If not is it possible to remove Subtotal position from e-mail and order listing ?

Regards,
Greg

4 years 6 months ago #311843

Hi,

Anything is possible but it will require PHP modifications of the different areas you want to change.
However, the simplest will be to just force the prices with taxes on the product page and the listings.
For that, you can edit the file listing_price of the view product via the menu Display>Views and add such code at the top:

<?php $this->params->set('price_with_tax', 1); ?>
That way, you can keep the “Show taxed prices” setting turned off under the Taxes section of the HikaShop configuration.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Greg_C

4 years 6 months ago #311880

Hi Nicolas, ok, thank you for you help !

It would be helpful if you could take into account some changes in this aspect in next versions of Hikashop

Regards,
Greg

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 7 months ago #323505

Greg_C wrote: Hi Nicolas, ok, thank you for you help !

It would be helpful if you could take into account some changes in this aspect in next versions of Hikashop

Regards,
Greg

I was wondering if this will be implemented in a new version, or do I miss something here? This also bugs me for some time and editting code, just for this should not be needed. Subtotal should always be without VAT, I think it's even EU regulations?

3 years 7 months ago #323508

Hi,

I don't think it's EU regulations to do that, and the developers of Drupal Commerce agree with me:
www.drupal.org/project/commerce/issues/2902284
Now, in the settings of the cart view in the checkout workflow, you have since the last release the setting "Price with tax". if you set it to "no" the subtotal will be without taxes as well as the prices of the products in the cart.

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 7 months ago #323529

nicolas wrote: Hi,

I don't think it's EU regulations to do that, and the developers of Drupal Commerce agree with me:
www.drupal.org/project/commerce/issues/2902284
Now, in the settings of the cart view in the checkout workflow, you have since the last release the setting "Price with tax". if you set it to "no" the subtotal will be without taxes as well as the prices of the products in the cart.

Yes, that's great! Thanks, works (almost) as expected.
The only thing is that in the confirmation mails the subtotal is still with taxes.
Is there another setting that i'm missing here?

3 years 7 months ago #323538

Hi,

No there is no setting for the emails. You would have to edit them via the menu System>Emails.

Here is a thread where we explain what to do:
www.hikashop.com/forum/checkout/889192-s...is-wrong.html#264464

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds