translation of producta/payment/shipping description

• Thank you received: 3
3 years 11 months ago #316926

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.16
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.1

Hello,
Hikashop currently offers translation capabilities by languages override for many fields. However, I cannot find a way to translate the field Description in products / shipping methods / payment methods. It would be very helpful to use custom string of text in the field Description and then make translation using language override - for example using string SHIPPING_DELIVERY_TIMING in the field Description for shipping methods (Hikashop-System-Shipping methods) it would be possible to do translation for example for English language: SHIPPING_DELIVERY_TIMING=”Standard delivery time is 3 business days”.

Is it possible to use language override for description fields ?

Regards,
Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 11 months ago #316928

Hi,

This is already supported for the description field of shipping/payment methods.
If it doesn't work for you, it probably means that your HTML editor is adding HTML arround the translation key.
Go in the HikaShop configuration and under the advanced tab, set the editor setting to none and check your payment/shipping methods. You'll probably see the extra HTML characters.

3 years 11 months ago #316956

Hi Nicolas, thank you for the information
I have followed your instruction and indeed there were HTML characters (<p></p>). However after set the editor settings to none and deletion of HTML characters language override for description field is still not functioning. I have checked this for both - shipping and payment methods.

Regards,
Greg

3 years 11 months ago #316962

Hi,

It works fine on my end. Please make sure that you don't have any other extra space in the description field. No space, no line return, etc.

3 years 11 months ago #317020

Hi Nicolas, I cannot find what is wrong on my side. I even made a new installation of my template without any customization. I have only updated Joomla to 3.9.16 and Hikashop Business to 4.2.3.
I made following steps:
1. Hikashop-System-Configruation-Advanced Settings-Eidtor I set plg_editors_none
2. Hikashop-System-Shipping Methods I edited Shipping and manually wrote string SHIPPING_TIMING in the description field – I didn’t leave any space before or after this string
3. Hikashop-System-Configurationa-Languages I added for English language in Override string SHIPPING_TIMING="Delivery time is fast"
4. When I open cart (checkout) below Shipping Method there is SHIPPING_TIMING instead of sentence: Delivery time is fast

I have also checked this on Prostar Template and results are the same

Regards,
Greg

3 years 11 months ago #317022

Hi,

Ok, my bad. I know what is the problem.
The code to make translation overrides work on the description of shipping methods and payment methods has been added on our end but is only scheduled for the next release of HikaShop. That's why you're not able to do it with the 4.2.3 while I was actually testing with the preversion of the 4.3.0 and didn't realize that this capability was not yet in the 4.2.3.

The 4.3.0 is scheduled to be released soon ( in 1 or 2 weeks) so I would recommend to wait for that as this requires several modifications in different places to do it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Greg_C

3 years 11 months ago #317035

Hi Nicolas, ok, thank you for the information

Regards,
Greg

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds