Serial Setup not working

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
5 years 1 month ago #304195

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.2
-- HikaSerial version -- : 3.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.3

Hello,
Problem 1. I am attempting to create a gift card with user points (so users do not have to spend the whole amount at once).
User "A" purchases Card - New User "B" should input serial and have user points assigned to them.
Problem - When user "B" attempts to enable serial and acquire the gift certificate point - I receive the message invalid Serial.

Please See Images

I have been working on this for almost 12 hours. It should not be this difficult.
I have reviewed several docs from your site and I am still having problems with this set up (very very frustrating).

What are the exact setup instructions?

I have set up the gift certificate image
the serial numbers and QRCode are printing fine on the image.
I am able to purchase a user point serial Gift Card.
I JUST CANT USE IT

An invoice is create for user A.

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by wrina iamwe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 1 month ago #304226

Hello,

Please let me know when you have finished edited your message so I can write an answer.

Kind regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

5 years 1 month ago #304250

Hello,

I was able to see that you've been working on your configuration and editing a lot of message.

So the main point for what I was able to see in past screenshot is that you have an incorrect value for your "stock level quantity" because you placed an email address where there is just need of a number. But since you're using a serial generator, you won't be notified of a stock level problem...

The error message that you had in your very first version of post, was an error from Joomdle and not HikaShop or HikaSerial.

Now regarding the latest version of your message, it would be interesting to have configuration details regarding the "point consumer" plugin and also the pack setting (in order to be sure that the serials in that pack have the right to be consumed and if there is a user check).

The HikaShop user points payment plugin (and its configuration) would be related to HikaShop ; when the customer have points in its account and want to use them to pay an order.
In your current case, you want to generate/consume a serial (which contains a value of points) to give credit of points to the current user.
The generation is looking well, since you have your image and the serial right got a value of points.
The next step is checking if the pack authorize the consumption for the current user ; and also that the point consumption plugin is published so it can give the points to the customer.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

5 years 1 month ago #304253

Hello Jerome,
Thanks for your help.
I have attached an image of the "Points Consume" plugin

I read the following article in reference to Dynamic Value -- but when generating the serials there seems to be no place to associate the Custom Field I created.
:: RE: www.hikashop.com/forum/14-hikaserial/896...s-not-consuming.html

I have also attached an image of the custom field for User Points.

I would also like to know if it is possible to set the value percentage on 1 Credit - I want a credit to be portioned so every penny (100 cents per point) can be used. Where would I place the 100-value information. I do not have a Points rounding field to achieve this.
I have attached current setup of the points payment plugin.
Wrina

Attachments:

5 years 1 month ago #304255

Hello,

Once again, please take your time to prepare your message but do not modify it hours after.. It really mess-up with our ticket system and it won't make the answer faster but will have the opposite effect.

"Target serial user" is set-up to "yes" but the serial do not have any user assigned.
So the consumption cannot work properly because the plugin trying to look at the user who own the serial but there is no.

If you really want to give point to the user who own the serial, you have to change the pack settings to do make the association between the serial and user. Otherwise you want to deactivate that "target serial user" setting

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

5 years 1 month ago #304295

Hello,
I almost have everything working.
Problem 1)
The points available for the serial do not reference the donation/gift amount of the “Donation Custom Field”.
Example: I want a user to give a gift certificate in any amount they desire.
To purchase the Gift certificate, a monetary amount is entered in the Donation/Gift custom field [re: amount column]
The serial’s point amount should be equal to the purchase price or donation custom field db column: amount.

Problem 2)
When using the Mail to Custom Field plug-in, I would also like the user to be able to send a message to the Giftee.
The current message displayed by the plugin references information from my site, that has nothing to do with the gift certificate.
Which serial view needs to be altered?
What needs to be changed?
I want to display custom field message from Giftor/purchaser
Also, how do I change the email Subject.
Currently states: You received a serial
I want it to state: You have received a Gift Certificate
Likewise, when a send a promo code or a discount card, I want it to state you received a “…”

Attachments:

5 years 1 month ago #304298

Hello,

Problem 3
User points payment does not work with my current settings.
Please let me know what needs to be updated (see images below).

Attachments:

5 years 1 month ago #304299

Problem 3 Solved

5 years 1 month ago #304307

Hello,

1 - Your serial point generator is not using a "dynamic value" but a fixed value that you have setup : 1.0 (please note that there is no coma in points, it's integer values)

2 - If your "mail to custom field" is configured and you receive the email to the specified address, then you have to customize the corresponding HikaSerial email in the HikaShop backend (System > Emails) : "Serial: Mail to custom field"
There you will be able to change the mail subject (you can also use a language override for that) and use the HikaShop email tag system to display content from order custom fields.

Please also note that I can reply to HikaSerial questions but if you do have questions related to HikaShop (like problem 3) ; it would be better to start a specific thread in the HikaShop section of the forum. That Hikaserial forum section is only for HikaSerial related question.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

5 years 1 month ago #304325

Hello,

RE: 1 - Your serial point generator is not using a "dynamic value" but a fixed value that you have setup : 1.0 (please note that there is no coma in points, it's integer values)

Jerome, How do I make it dynamic? What do I select, what is the name of the plugin...etc
Because the Hika point generator does not have the option of dynamic. Please be more specific.
See image

RE: 2 - If your "mail to custom field" is configured and you receive the email to the specified address, then you have to customize the corresponding HikaSerial email in the HikaShop backend (System > Emails) : "Serial: Mail to custom field"

RESPONSE: I do not understand your response
Currently during checkout, i enter an email in my custom field Giftee email.
The email is sent to the correct address.
However, the message body that is sent, is not anything I have set up. See image red outline. It states "Official AdvanCN Site....."
THIS IS NOT RIGHT, HOW DO I CHANGE IT - COMP SHOULD NOT PULLING RANDOM THINGS FROM MY WEBSITE

RE: There you will be able to change the mail subject (you can also use a language override for that) and use the HikaShop email tag system to display content from order custom fields.

REPLY: Language override is not sufficient (disappointing) and there is no mail subject in the location I am looking at, please state where this is. Where is the email tag system? Please be specific (disappointed)

Going on four days with this setup now.......

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by wrina iamwe. Reason: FRUSTRATED

5 years 1 month ago #304326

I found the correct system > email.
Still insufficient for my purpose.

How can I set this up so the purchaser can enter this information themselves through custom fields:
Email Subject:
Giftee Email:
Message to Receiver:

5 years 1 month ago #304347

Hello,

1 - You have unfortunately a lot of screenshot and as I was trying to tell you previously is that a lot of them are not related to HikaSerial or the questions.
I wrote "point generator", I'm sorry because I was in fact talking about the consumer ; reference of that screenshot of yours :
www.hikashop.com/media/kunena/attachment...pointconsumption.PNG

2 - As I wrote you, you need to customize the email if you want to add your content and since you can use PHP code there ; you can display an information coming from an order custom field.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

5 years 1 month ago #304391

Jerome,
Apparently, i am not communicating effectively for you. Every image I have posted is in reference to serial.

1a) Please tell my how to generate dynamic point amounts. If this is not possible, please state that it "is not possible."
1b) Do i set the dynamic field, of the point consume plugin to Yes?
1c) if set to Yes, will the serial points be generated with the value amount paid (RE: the donation custom field? -- as previously asked, or
1d) will I have to set this point value manually.

Please be specific so I do not have to waste any more time with this comp.

RE: 2 "As I wrote you, you need to customize the email if you want to add your content and since you can use PHP code there ; you can display an information coming from an order custom field."
COMMENT: You were of no help with this. i am not a programmer. I would have to hire a programmer for this. The plugin should have subject, and message automatically within it -- as it does for the email address for the receiver of the giftcard -- just simple flow logic, and adding value for the consumers who purchase your comp.

VERY DISAPPOINTED. LOVED HIKASHOP FOR YEARS. THIS INTERACTION WITH YOU HAS CHANGED THAT.

If I cannot get serial to work, I will request a refund from my cc. I purchased the comp to generate gift cards, not to spend 7 plus days trying to get it to work...And it seems that you have no desire to keep your guarantee:
1. Installation guaranteed! If you have any problems installing HikaSerial, we'll do it for you.
2. 30-days money-back guarantee

Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by wrina iamwe. Reason: reminder of your guarantee

5 years 1 month ago #304400

Also, I have attempted to change the email subject. it works for the envelop but not for the message body. see image -
1. I know that this is not a serial comp -- but it has to do the serial process!!!
2. If this is not something you can handle, and I need to go a different forum to address this issue please let me know (inefficient!!!!!).

If you can handle this processes, which php codes/dbase columns do i need to change/alter to get rid of
a) Line 3 " Wrina uSER SEND YOU A SERIAL.... example: is this {TXT:MAIL_BEGIN_MESSAGE}

b) Line/Block 3: "OFFICIAL ADVANCN WEBSITE ..." blurb. Example: {TXT:USER_MESSAGE} if yes, how to i structure it to go to the custom field message to user = DB Column :: giftee_message -- do i enter {TXT (AS IT IS A TEXT FIELD):giftee_message} >> WILL THIS THEN, RESULT IN THE SYSTEM LOOKING FOR THE MESSAGE TO THE GIFTEE ENTERED BY THE PURCHASER?????????????????

c) Line 4: point and the serial code: PN812KV1

3(+) If i were a programmer i would not need your comp. Either I do not understand the reason and level of your comp (website designers/developers) or you do not understand the consumer levels who purchase your comp. Is your serial comp only for developers??? If that was the case you should have stated so.

Attachments:

5 years 1 month ago #304394

Hello,

1a - Your serial are already generating a dynamic value. You can see that value written in the serial details.
So, it is already the case.

1b - Yes !
If with the generator or the consumer you're not using "dynamic value" so the value will be fixed and it won't work as you want. But it will work as you have configured it, with fixed values.

1c - So please provide the details regarding that issue, elements which indicate that there is a problem.

1d - I don't understand what you're talking about.

2 - With several issues and points within a single thread subject ; it is very hard to follow and give you precise instructions.
So, the best would be to open a new thread just for that specific point.

Yes, you have 30 days money back and if you want to ask for a refund, you can do it.
Please note that the "installation guaranteed" is regarding the installation of the component in a Joomla website ; as HikaShop, we do not perform the configuration of the component for users, but if you have issue with the installation, we can do it for you.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds