How to direct Subscriptions to PayPal recurring

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 8 months ago #309415

I've created a subscription system that works. However, I have two payment providers.

1) PayPal recurring which is the Hikashop download and 2) Stripe, the Hikashop download which is the process of being upgraded to V.3.0

I've created a subscription code in Stripe that there is nowhere to put in the product or subscription module to identify it to the payment processor.

There is no way to force the subscription product to use PayPal recurring to create a rolling subscription.

I even purchased Emerald because it was recommended on your site to replace Akeeba - (and that's a load of utter rubbish).

So, just how do we streamline the subscription payment service?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
4 years 8 months ago #309418

Hello,

If you're using HikaSerial Subscription, you have to use the "Paypal Recurring" plugin which is provided with HikaSerial.
You should not use the old Paypal recurring plugin which is not working anymore with HikaShop 3x (and newer).

Stripe v3 is not compatible with the subscription system even if we hope that it will be possible one day.
Because Stripe recurring is not a recurring system but a plan/subscription one ; you have to dynamically create every "plan" and "subscription" within Stripe dashboard. If you just have one single "plan" it can work but if you have some "dynamic plan" (various duration, price which can change depending a discount, characteristic, currency, etc) ; then it will at the end generate some problems.

Once you have the HikaSerial Paypal recurring plugin configured, you can enable an option in HikaSerial subscription to force the usage of recurring payment plugin when you have a recurring product in the cart.
To have a recurring product, you need to set-up your product with the mode "create & renew" (and a recurring duration) ; it will be considered as a recurring product since it can "create" the subscription and also "renew" it.
Separating "create" and "renew" product allows to have renewal at a different price than the original price ; the creation do not enable the recurring payment but the "renew" can.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

4 years 8 months ago #309431

OK, I've found the problem. Or, at least I've identified the issues.

Firstly, you have two plugin's that appear to be the same and Joomla installs both alongside each other. They are identical except for a tiny difference. (Hard to spot so I've highlighted it).

Surprisingly, the interiors of the files are almost identical and perversely the one that offers the subscription option is the one that doesn't work.

So, I have this while I correctly identify and uninstall the offending plugin in Joomla..

Do you think it's a possibility that Hika eCommerce could do something [like give them different names] to help users identify the correct plugin?

Attachments:

4 years 8 months ago #309433

Jerome wrote: Hello,

Stripe v3 is not compatible with the subscription system even if we hope that it will be possible one day.
Because Stripe recurring is not a recurring system but a plan/subscription one ; you have to dynamically create every "plan" and "subscription" within Stripe dashboard. If you just have one single "plan" it can work but if you have some "dynamic plan" (various duration, price which can change depending a discount, characteristic, currency, etc) ; then it will at the end generate some problems.

Regards,

Actually, the plan is a single plan with a singular reference to identify it in Stripe. All that is needed is an identifier in Hika Subscription to tell Stripe to hook that specific subscription template and it will work.

I know you are in the process of updating the Stripe plugin to handle 3D Secure payments. maybe you can include this as another option. Not everyone likes PayPal. A good alternative would be useful.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 4004
4 years 8 months ago #309449

Hello,

Maybe your use case is very simple but it does not chance what I explained in my message.
Even if your configuration is simple right now, if you want to chance anything in your product (price, tax, discount, currency, characteristic, duration...) ; it will break Stripe Subscription and the amount of code required to perform that support is huge.
Stripe V3 with the support of Payment Intent (which is near the release) is already one of the biggest HikaShop payment plugin regarding its code and features.
Having a perfectly working Payment Intent is for me (and all Stripe users) the most important right now since the SCA will be activate next month.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lesk

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds