Subscription levels

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 5 months ago #312218

I still don't think the upgrade solution makes sense, so I'm going to explain it again in steps.

1. Every user can register with us for free, which is called a bronze account. Under the bronze account we have 3 subgroups (vwo bronze / havo bronze / vmbo bronze) which are school levels. During registration, the user chooses, for example: VWO Bronze.
2. During the first login, the user has a free acocunt (bronze account) with a bronze access. According to hikaserial, this is not seen as a valid bronze subcription because step 3 is not possible!
3. A bronze account can upgrade to a gold account. The intention is that the bronze access is converted to a gold level. For example: VWO bronze level -> VWO gold level.

At hikaserial
1. A user must register and first pay for a bronze level for free. Now they are a valid subcription for hikaserial.
2. They can upgrade via the '' actions '' button.
I find it very illogical that users who have a free account must first pay with hikashop.

All users therefore have a bronze account / free account as standard until upgrading. I don't want bronze users to see pages of gold users and vice versa.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
4 years 5 months ago #312284

Hello,

Regarding your description, you do have several "free subscriptions" and I don't have the feeling that users can change between them.
So it looks like you would need a custom plugin to perform the creation of the free subscription depending a custom field that you would add into the registration process.
Thus, the plugin will create the subscription (for one of the bronze plan) and could also do the free renewal.
Thanks to that, customers would be able to do an upgrade using the classical system and pay for the upgrade and then renewals.

Because the free subscription is for the moment too specific, it's not something we can add into HikaSubscription because it won't fee to every user needs.
But we will think about it and see if we can find another solution, flexible enough, which will be useful for every HikaSubscription users.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds