How to use PayPal Subscription payment for Hika Business

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
10 months 2 weeks ago #352404

Hi, I have some recurring services i am selling/ It is not serials of any sort. But i found the only subscription payment you have is with Hika Serials. I paid for it and installed.

My question is: Ho to use your PayPal Subscription payment for my services that i sell as a product with Hika Business?
I am using lates Joomla 4 on latest Hika Business and Hika Serial.
Looking forward.
THank y ou,
Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 months 2 weeks ago #352425

Hello,

First, there is no "Paypal Subscription" plugin, there is only "Paypal Recurring".

If you're selling a service, I suppose that you want to sell subscriptions via HikaSerial.
By creating a product with a subscription plan attached, that product will become a way to buy a (recurring) subscription.
And during the checkout the customer would have the possibility to use a recurring payment plugin (such as Paypal Recurring)

www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...iption-tutorial.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

10 months 2 weeks ago #352430

I have configured Serials, added a Plan 1, connected your Demo Product to the plan, activated Paypal Recurring Payment Method and the results is there there is No PayPal Recurring payment method is available on purchasing that product.
I have attached all screenshots for all and every settings. Please help to make it works.
Looking forward,
Thank you.

Attachments:

10 months 2 weeks ago #352435

Hello,

Your plan relation in your product configuration is not the good one for recurring.
Since the relation do not authorize the "renewal", the Paypal recurring plugin won't consider it as subscription that can be used as recurring since it won't be able to renew the subscription.

Please refer to the tutorial :

Creation then Renewal will create subscription and can be use for renewal (manually or recurring).
Buying multiple products in the same order will create multiple subscriptions.
Renewal or Creation will create subscription and can be use for renewal (manually or recurring).
Buying multiple products in the same order will create one single subscription and extend its duration.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

10 months 2 weeks ago #352445

Ok, changing it to Creation then Renewal accomplished that and now I can see PayPal Recurring as a payment method. My next question is: How to make my clients pay 50% - that equals of $50 in the first month and after the first month I am automatically get $100 per month from them?

///
By the way, at the moment I tried to pay on your website for Hika Serial, i had a treble to pay via Firefox, - the window does not let me to complete payment. You may test your payment process for Hika Serial.

10 months 2 weeks ago #352472

Hello,

The recurring payment plugins are performing the renewal on the renewal price given by HikaSerial Subscription.
When you configure a product to be "creation + renewal", the price will be the same for the creation of the subscription and the renewal.

In order to be able to propose a different price for the creation, it would require some development.
Various solutions are possible, each do have advantages and drawbacks ; we didn't find a perfect solution that we could implement.
The usage of specific discount (new setting in discount/coupon) could be possible ; so does the possibility to add multiple prices (but very complexe to implement and configure for the end-user).

Regards,

PS : Regarding your payment issue, I sent a message to Nicolas.

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds