HELP: Serial can be used more than once???!!!

• Thank you received: 3
4 years 7 months ago #310872

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.ginmacher.de
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.1
-- HikaSerial version -- : 3.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Serial can be used several times

Hello Team

I just discovered a big issue in my shop. I sell serials (generated with the pack generator) for different products. They are all free to use and when the customer buys a serial the status of this serial changces to used. The customer gets an E-Mail with the serial embedded in an .jpg attachment. Works so far.

Now the issue. When the another customer enteres this serial (e. g. it was a present from the customer that bought the serial only) to buy from this serial the product, the customers uses the serial and orders the product. The order will be linked now also to this serial (so I can see which order used the serial for which produt) BUT.... the serial stays ACTIVE. So it could be re-used and re-used ....

The status is still used, but also when I manually change the status of this serial in the backend to deleted etc. it still can be used in the shopping cart and reduces the prices of the product!

I was under the assumption, when the serial is bought, and then afterwards used to buy a product it can never be used again.

What did I miss here in the settings? Please help!!

thanks
Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
4 years 7 months ago #310876

Hello,

Please provide screenshots of your hikaserial pack configuration and a screenshot of a test serial.
I don't know what or how you're consuming the serial but what you describe is not possible by design. Consumption is only available once, can't consume without changing the status. Or it's not the serial and it's not a consumption (or a third party plugin which do not work as the others)

Regards

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 3
4 years 7 months ago #310887

Hi Jerome,

thanks for the quick reply. See the screenshots of the configuration of hika serial as well as hika pack. If you need access to my site to check it in detail please let me know so I create a admin user for you and send it over the contact formular:

Settings serial config:

Settings of the pack where I generated the serials with:

Thanks for your support.
Alex

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 4004
4 years 7 months ago #310892

Hello,

Your serials are not consumable serials (as you can see in the second screenshot).
But your serials are "also" HikaShop coupon (since you're using the coupon generator).

So your issue is not with the configuration of the serials nor the consumption of serials.
You're not consuming serials, you are trying to use HikaShop coupon which do not have a usage limitation.
So you should fix the configuration of the coupon template and, see to also modify your generated coupons to also set the usage restriction.
These are HikaShop related stuff.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds