is it possible to connect to other table of my database?

• Thank you received: 7
3 years 8 months ago #322147

hi. in hikaserial

is it possible to connect other table of my joomla and get serial from one of that column and also set some variable to that table to say this code sell?
or is it possible do something in hikaserial that when sell one license, give customer site name in perchese workflow?
for clearly, i create a joomla component and now i need a system to sell a licence with customer site name. for example i sell my component to xyz.com. i want prepare a system to sell him one license and save his sitename for that license. is it possible with hikaserial and maybe mix with hikashop?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
3 years 8 months ago #322148

Hello,

It is possible to create a custom plugin which will work as a "serial generator", instead of creating a random serial, it can look in another table and get a content from there.

The HIkaSerial serial structure allows to store extra information in a serial object, it is a good place if you want to store related data such as a website.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 7
3 years 8 months ago #322168

Thank you @Jerome
is it possible generate random code and then set to other table? it is need to create plugin or can modify random generator plugin?

• Thank you received: 4004
3 years 8 months ago #322186

Hello,

You need to create a new plugin otherwise your modification will be lost during the next HikaSerial update.
It is possible to copy a big part of the code in the HikaSerial random serial generator and once you have generated your serial, you can do whatever you want with it : add custom SQL queries, call web-services, etc. Since it's PHP code, you're free to do what you need.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds