Multivendor query

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 1 month ago #304589

-- url of the page with the problem -- : ekobridge.com
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Multivendor

Hello,

We have a community of over 20k users all of whom we want to be make vendors, including automatically making new users who sign up to our community.

However, we seem to be unable to make existing users vendors. Whilst the Hikashop auto-populates them as customers, it does not do so as vendors and we cannot manually attempt to do so.

Can you please advise whether or not this is possible? if yes, please point us to the documentation because all those we have found have not addressed this issue after effecting the suggested actions.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 1 month ago #304608

Hello,

When you are in the "vendor automatic creation" mode ; HikaMarket will create the vendor account when the user is log-in.
Enabling the feature do not create vendor for every users, it would be a huge process and if you activate the feature by mistake it can have serious side effects. That's why, there is a special plugin which allows HikaMarket to be notified when a user is login and depending the configuration and user settings, it will create dynamically the vendor account for him.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

5 years 1 month ago #304617

Thank you Jerome.

Please confirm the exact plugin's name?

5 years 1 month ago #304618

Hello,

The plugin is "HikaMarket Vendor groups" ; its original purpose is to create, active or deactive a vendor depending the Joomla user group.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

5 years 1 month ago #304706

Thank you.

So we have spent the past few days reading the Hikashop/market documentation, and exploring this component to be sure it is right for our community and we have a few questions.

First, we intend to use this component for our Easysocial community with over 20k users as a market i.e. like gumtree.com where all our Registered users can buy (as customers) or sell (as vendors) any item. Is this component suitable for this?

Secondly and to more specific questions, please see below:

- Can you add variant from frontend? Currently, we can only do so from product backend of Hikashop; (screenshot variant)

- How do we disable share options? That is the facebook, Pinterest etc shares that appear on the product page (screenshot share)

- How do we hide “Access Level” display from users when they are trying to list a product? We do not want Vendors with profile REGISTERED USERS to access this (Access level screenshot)

- Is there a specific search module for Hikashop? to search through products and/or categories?

- Add user option in vendor’s profile editn section does not work. (Edit vendor details screenshot)

- Is it possible to hide the specification section from vendors? (specification section screenshot)

Thank you

5 years 1 month ago #304781

Hello,

Yes, the component is suitable for such kind of configuration.

1 - You can also add variants from the frontend ; it requires, like in the HikaShop backend to add a characteristic to the product

2 - It's a social plugin related to HikaShop ; it's not from HikaMarket

3 - You have to change the HikaMarket configuration for your default access ; there you can select (or remove) every feature that you want to give to your vendors. The "product / edit / acl" will remove the edition of access level for product and the field won't be displayed anymore to your vendors

4 - Yes, there is Products and Category Search plugin (for your HikaShop related question, might be better to post in the HikaShop section of the forum)

5 - Just like the "product / edit / acl" ; you have an entry for "vendor / edit / users". For sure if your vendors are just associated to one single account, you do not need the multiple-user per vendor feature and you can remove that entry.

6 - By editing the default access, you can remove every fields you don't want anymore. Such as the product options, product related, etc.
Please note that if you remove the characteristics, you won't have the possibility to create variants anymore.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

5 years 1 month ago #304789

Thank you Jerome.

Then I suspect something went wrong when we installed these components. We have made changes to the access default access levels to achieve all I listed earlier but it does not work even after changes made. I recall there was an installation issue on the day so can you please look into these.

We also noticed:

1. that the vendor's details (address etc) does not display when we click on the contact vendor, and

2. when we click "Contact Vendor" page freezes

Can you please look into these. Perhaps both the shop and market require reinstallation. I have provided backend and demo user access details below.

Please note this is a live site, and we are still testing this component but the menu is not open to our community users yet. So you can access the market page via the link below.

ekobridge.com/product-listing

Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Jerome. Reason: removing credentials

5 years 1 month ago #304833

Hello,

1 - "You do not have access to the Administrator section of this site.".

Please do not provide credentials in your message of the forum ; it is not a safe place and they are a lot of crawlers (from search engines) which are recording all pages.. So please understand that we can't be responsible of security issue if you gave publicly access to your website here.
Now we do have a "contact us" form where you can gave private details and, if you do include the URL of the forum thread, we can attach you handle them easily and privately.

2 - If you take one vendor page, like :
ekobridge.com/component/hikamarket/vendor/show/1-ekobridge
And then open your browser console, you will see that you have some Javascript error which are not related to HikaMarket but to the inclusion of "bootstrap-tooltip-extended" while there is not "tooltip" lib loaded to extend.
The next error is related to Chosen, which has been activate but is not avilable.

And the problem with the modal is that you're using the jQuery modal in your HikaShop configuration while it's not loaded/available in your website.
You choose change your configuration and use "vex" to avoid all issues.
See : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...html#display_general

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

5 years 1 month ago #304940

Thank you Jerome.

However, we have followed all the sets you suggested, and disabled the relevant ACLs for vendor group BUT our registered users continue to have access to ACLs, they cannot add variants from front end, and when we try to hid certain fields from users via ACL settings, this does not seem to function.

ekobridge.com/sell

Sadly, this does not seem to meet our needs. We just do not understand how to modify these settings to give the right frontend output.

We have sent a personal message with backend details. If we cannot resolve with your help, we might have to pass on this extension but we remain optimistic you can help resolve the issues.

5 years 1 month ago #304962

Hello,

Would it be possible that you also configured some Access Levels via the HikaMarket "HikaMarket > Access Level".
These advanced settings allow to have a lot more complexe organisation of the rights, based on the Joomla user groups.
Unfortunately, these settings bypass the default configuration (that most users just need) ; so you have to be sure that they are all empty.

Please provide screenshots of your configuration if you want to show us what you have set-up and we will be able to see what is the issue.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

5 years 1 month ago #304983

Hi,

Unfortunately, we have done all of that - literally edited all the access levels options but nothing works.

See screenshots of backend menus edited,

5 years 1 month ago #305009

Hello,

Your screenshots are for the "main vendor access", which correspond of the access for your main vendor.
At the left of these settings, they are the "default access", which is the setting that I'm talking you about for several messages ; because the "default accesses" are for all vendors when the "main vendor access" is only for the main vendor (admin users who want to handle the full store from the front-end)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

5 years 1 month ago #305015

Jerome,

I clearly understood you and made those changes since last week but nohing worked. "defaut access" ACLs. see the attached screenshots.

As I said earlier, we have modified all ACLs (vendor and default) but sadly, frontend menu for registered users still displays these menus

5 years 1 month ago #305022

Hello,

So you have removed the ACL for "price / ACL" and "price / user"
And by login with the test account you gave, we can see that these two features are not available/display when you edit a product price :
pasteboard.co/I6DbbLx.png

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

5 years 1 month ago #305023

Jerome,

Now it works fine because you probably made backend changes. You do realise we can tell that you logged into the backend with the admin account right?

I do not know why these setting were not previously working, however, we hope that this indeed will continue to be the case especially with other settings. We shall edit accordingly and re-enable the settings to test. This way we will be confident that this indeed functions as it ought to.

I shall write to you again if we encounter any further issues.

Thank you

5 years 1 month ago #305024

Hello,

I just logged into the backend to check your configuration ; I did not change or save anything, just log and see.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

5 years 4 weeks ago #305133

Thank you Jerome. Apologies for the assumption.

Regards

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds