Couple questions about Hikamarket

• Thank you received: 18
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
3 years 8 months ago #321904

Hi,

I want to buy Hikamarket but I'm not sure which version I should choose between the Front-edition and the multi-vendor.

For the moment, those are my needs:

- I need to let 6 peoples managing categories, product and orders in the frontend.
- Managing products: I need each guy to see only their products (not other guys products)
- I don't need to take any payment. Our products are free.

Do I need the Multi-vendor version or the Front-edition is enough?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 8 months ago #321905

I also need to give specific users the possibility to create products to only specific categories. Each user will have his own category.

• Thank you received: 4004
3 years 8 months ago #321907

Hello,

The multi-vendor edition would be required since you want to separate the products of your users (which would be different vendors).

HikaMarket front-edition provides an interface to manage your store like in the HikaShop backend but in the front-end.
It means that a user who have access to HikaMarket front-end interface would be able to see every products of the store.
Each user can have specific ACL which will limit the available edition features but only the multi-vendor allow to separate the products/categories/orders/etc so the vendors can only manage their content and not the elements from other vendors (or product of the store/main vendor).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

3 years 8 months ago #321925

Thank you for your answers.

Is it possible to hide some categories to a specific vendor? I would like to let vendors creates their own categories without seing categories of other vendors.

Is it possible to add custom field to categories?

3 years 8 months ago #321926

Let me explain what I try to do. It’s an out of the box challenge.

I’m helping a non profit organization with the mission to give Christmas gifts to children in the need. Each year, with the help of 8 other non-profit organizations and a lot of godfathers, we give something like 600 gifts. And we think the need for this help will be bigger than ever this year with the actual world crisis.

I want to help them to register children to their program and to manage the shipping more easily. They are also recruiting godfathers that will give a gift to one child or more.

I work with Hikashop for about 5 years now and I found that it can do the job with multi-vendor.
I need to change the language files to adapt it. I also need to add custom fields to make it work.

The structure will be like that.

9 organizations = they will be vendors
250 parents = They will be categories (I need to add custom fields for their address)
600 children’s = They will be products

Step 1: Recruiting children

A vendor will enter a parent (category) and his children (products) directly in the front-end.

Step 2: Recruiting Godfathers
They will navigate in the products(children) section and choose one or more children to help. This will create an order.

Step 3: Collecting Godfathers gifts
Godfathers will come to a shopping center where we receive all gifts. A volunteer will have to open the order page to add the details about the gift.

Step 4: wrap the gifts
Volunteers will use the « Managing orders » section of Hikashop for this step. They will change the status of the order once warring is done for a gift.

Step 5: Planning the Santa Claus roads
A total of 17 Santas will go to deliver gifts. We will create a Hikashop Excel report and use an external servie to optimize the roads.

So I can see it’s totally possible to achieve that awesome project with hikashop and it will help a lot of people.

In the future, when I will write you my questions, it will be easier for you to understand my goals.

Many thanks for your incredible work on your tool.

3 years 8 months ago #321927

Another question. Is the PDF generated by this plugin will contain the changes we make into the "order status notification email"?

www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/18-plugin-pdf.html

• Thank you received: 4004
3 years 8 months ago #321929

Hello,

1 - Yes you can change the "root folder" for a vendor and also give him access to some "extra categories".
The Vendor root is their home ; where they can create new categories if they have the ACL
Thanks to that, you can limit the categories that the vendor can see and use for his products.

2 - The PDF plugin is not part of HikaMarket ; I can't help you with it.
But you can open a new thread in the HikaShop section of the forum.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds