Is there a roadmap?

• Thank you received: 16
  • Hikashop Business
13 years 2 months ago #4267

I'm evaluating different components for starting a shop project very soon and of course Hikashop is one of the candidates although it lacks some features as it is a very young product.

Is there a roadmap document to know what are the next improvements coming to your component?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13036
13 years 2 months ago #4269

We don't want to publish our roadmap to not mislead people in believing that some feature might be in next version when in fact it's not the case. Also, features order of development will vary with the requests of users (including paid custom works) and our ressources.

If you want a feature, just ask us and we will tell you how far off we think it could be possible or if we don't have plans yet for it and that we just put it in the todo list.

All I can say is that ACL support for content will be in next release as well as improved geolocation and probably file custom fields. Next release should have an improved tax system to handle multiple taxes but that's still not sure 100%. We didn't decide yet what would be next.

• Thank you received: 16
  • Hikashop Business
13 years 2 months ago #4274

Thank you,

I found in the feature list that some features are really not ready but "Coming soon", I'm talking about 'Custom fields' feature which is a must for most developers, so I have two questions:

Where can I see what fields are actually active for the porducts?

Is this 'Coming soon' very soon soon soon? Or just, soon...?

Thankyoon.

• Thank you received: 13036
13 years 2 months ago #4275

You can already add custom fields to products.
These fields will be displayed in the edit of products so that you can enter additional information in products and then display them on the product page.
Filters on them as well as on other things like price will come next year hopefully in february.

Custom fields have already greatly improved over the past 3 months as we added 2 additional tables: order and entry. The order table type custom fields are displayed during the checkout and allow you to ask questions relative to the order to your customers.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds