What is multi cart?

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
10 years 9 months ago #110692

What is multi cart and how do I set it up in business?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
10 years 9 months ago #110709

Hi,

As it's said in the documentation :

Enable multi carts: The multi-carts allow the users to have many carts, by this way, they can create as cart as they want, and save them.

And you'll be able to enable it through the Enable multi carts of the "Hikashop->System->Configuration->'Feature'" page.

Hope this will help you.

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 9 months ago #110710

A customer can have multiple carts, so he can bundle one, and come back later to retrieve his previous created cart.

To enable this feature, you just have to go in Configuration > Features and enable multi cart.

• Thank you received: 3
8 years 8 months ago #206933

I have a client who has distributors in several countries. Each distributor needs to have their own cart and the orders separated by distributor so they can fulfill the orders for their own geo-areas. Would the multiple carts be used for this? Or, would a separate website with a different Hikashop install be needed?

Thanks for your help.

• Thank you received: 13037
8 years 8 months ago #206936

Hi,

No, I think that in that case, you need HikaMarket Multivendor and have each distributor as a vendor. HikaMarket has the capability to assign different vendors to different areas like you need.
www.hikashop.com/extensions/hikamarket-multi-vendor.html

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 4 months ago #325991

Hello,

We have the market extension, but how dan we set it up so each vendor has his own shopping cart?
e.g. if a customer shops and put item 1, 3 and 4 of vendor A in his shopping cart. He decides to continue shopping, and see product 5, 7 and 8 of vendor B and puts it in the cart. But this may not be in 1 cart together but need two seperate carts one for vender A and B ect.
How can i configure that?
Hope you understand my question..
Thanks.

• Thank you received: 4004
3 years 4 months ago #326023

Hello,

HikaMarket do have a feature to block products from another vendor to be added into the cart.
We start a feature to redirect the products to another carts but the result was disturbing for the customers who couldn't understand why the product was not in their cart and didn't see easily that they have different carts.

The "limit vendors in cart" setting is mandatory for that kind of configuration but the redirection of products into other carts is not something that I would recommend at the end.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...onfig_market_general

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 1 month ago #329883

Is it possible, that when customer switches from vendor listing that his cart will empty automaticly?
e.g. when customer select 3 items of vendor A and when he goes to vendor B his cart will be emptied so in that way he see that he only can buy at one vendor at the time??

3 years 1 month ago #329911

Hello,

That's not something that I wouldn't recommend since it would have a lot of unwanted side effects and might be more frustrating for the customer than "life saving".
Switching the current cart depending the vendor page you're browsing could be an idea. But, for my point of view, clearing the cart would be worst for the customer than sending the product to a different cart.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Jerome. Reason: would => wouldn't

• Hikashop Business
3 years 1 month ago #329923

Oke,
But how can we set it then, that the customer goes to a cart only for that particular vendor, now all products stay in cart of vendor A but when looking at products of vendor B they can not put anything in the cart. ??

3 years 1 month ago #329972

Hello,

HikaMarket do have a feature to block products from another vendor to be added into the cart.
We start a feature to redirect the products to another carts but the result was disturbing for the customers who couldn't understand why the product was not in their cart and didn't see easily that they have different carts.

We're open to suggestions to make the system better for the customers.
But cleaning the cart when the customer see the page of another vendor is too brutal.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikashop Business
3 years 1 month ago #329986

Hello,

I can understand that it is brutal to clean the cart switching vendor, but how can we make it possible that it cleans the cart ??
We need that function otherwise it is to confusing for our customers.

Hope you can help..
Thanks

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 1 month ago #330029

Hi,

Well, clearing the cart when the customer adds a product to the cart and it is from a vendor different than the products already in the cart could be done with the development of a custom plugin. You could do that by implementing the trigger onBeforeProductQuantityCheck(&$products, &$cart, &$options) in such a plugin and creating a new cart and replacing it in $cart

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds