Handling of Back Ordered products

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
8 years 5 months ago #216473

I know in years past the handling of back ordered products was discussed, and you folks said it was on your long list but you didn't know when it would be implemented.

I was wondering if it is still on your list, and if there might be any insight as to when it will be released.

The Waitlist system isn't a replacement for true back orders. I have some clients that are interested in doing true back orders, and I would like to know if it is still on the list at all.

Any information at all would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
8 years 5 months ago #216480

Hi,

It's still on the list. We didn't implement it as we were working on other things. It's something that I would like to see for the next year, once we finish our big overhaul of the checkout system. Maybe we'll do it at the same time, but I can't promise it.

• Thank you received: 94
8 years 5 months ago #216655

We have several clients who would also like to have true backorder functionality. It isn't a showstopper - they are still HikaShop users - but informing customers of backordered items causes them a lot of client communication outside of the website, extra phone calls and other hassles. (They do not want to limit inventory availability on the frontend, and accept all orders regardless of stock. Backordered items are only a small proportion of their catalog at any time.)

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts

• Hikashop Business
8 years 5 months ago #216760

Nicolas,

Thanks for the update and information on your plans. I hope that it does indeed make it into HikaShop this next year, as I am certain more people would use back order functionality than just us. I also am looking forward to your overhaul of the checkout system. That is also long needed.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Essential
8 years 3 months ago #222327

I would like to add my view on this as well. I want to display back ordered or special ordered, and also want to accept some deposit on the order of 50% or so. It would also be nice to list an estimated ship date based on so many days from the time of the order. For example, today's date plus 2 weeks. Thanks, I need the as soon as possible please... Bruce Morrell www.astrofactors.com

8 years 3 months ago #222334

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.
We didn't start any work on that yet so it is welcome.
However, if you need a solution in the short term, then I would recommend to contact a developer to help you customize HikaShop so that it mean your needs as such development won't happen before some time.

The following user(s) said Thank You: bmorrelltx

• Hikashop Essential
8 years 3 months ago #224417

Nicholas,
This capability has become increasingly more important to me. When do you think it might be available?? Thanks.... Bruce

8 years 3 months ago #224421

Hi,

Hard to say. We still have a lot of work to finish up HikaShop 3 and we still have to release the 2.6.1 before that. So it's sure that we won't move forward in the next few months. After that, we'll add the features based on what's the most requested.

• Hikashop Essential
7 years 3 months ago #257816

Any updates on the backorder status ?? thanks ... Bruce

7 years 3 months ago #257820

It's not possible yet.

• Hikashop Business
7 years 2 weeks ago #264373

Are back ordered products on the "to do" list for you folks? If so, any idea what release it might be in?

I have yet another client asking for that capability. I hate to tell them no, but unfortunately I have to at the moment until you folks can work it into HikaShop.

Please give us all an update on back ordered products when you can.
Thanks.

The following user(s) said Thank You: cbrock

7 years 2 weeks ago #264376

Hi,

It is on our todo list yes. We first wanted to develop the new add to cart and checkout system before tackling something like that.
We don't have yet a date to give concerning that though, but it's something we want to add yes.

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 1 week ago #264987

I'd like to chime in as well and voice a huge desire for true back order functionality. We're close to the point of migrating to another e-commerce solution since this has just been "talk" for so long. We have no interest in bastardizing the component and would really like for this to be a native function of Hikashop in the very near future.

7 years 1 week ago #265110

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. As I said two weeks ago, that's something we want to add although I can't give a date.

• Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
4 years 2 months ago #314927

Hi,

I also ran into a situation where a customer asks for the possibility to accept backorders.
And I've seen some 'solutions' where people added 100 or 1000 items in order not to run below zero stock..
Or use mass actions to set the product stock to 'unlimited' when zero is reached.
Would it not be a lot simpler to let the stock go below zero?
That way, when the shop owner re-orders from the supplier, he just adds the newly received quantity and all is fine.

Nicolas, any idea when you will have time for backorders?

Best regards,
Eric

4 years 2 months ago #314962

Hi,

We actually have a solution available since more than a year ago.
This plugin actually allows you to set a pre-order quantity in the products so that once the stock reaches 0, the customers can pre-order the products:
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/109...rder-by-obsidev.html
That way, you cans till control how much you want to allow for pre-ordering

• Thank you received: 94
4 years 2 months ago #314968

nicolas wrote: Hi,

This plugin actually allows you to set a pre-order quantity in the products so that once the stock reaches 0, the customers can pre-order the products:
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/109...rder-by-obsidev.html
That way, you cans till control how much you want to allow for pre-ordering

Does this preorder plugin also work for bundled products, where the bundled product quantities can control availability for multiple main product listings?

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts

4 years 2 months ago #314979

Hi,

Yes
The quantity and pre order quantity of the bundled products will be updated properly by HikaShop when an order is created/confirmed.
And during the add to cart process and the loading of the cart, the quantity and the preorder quantity of the bundled products will be taken into account for the checks.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds