Speed of demo.hikashop.com

• Thank you received: 4
6 years 4 months ago #284080

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.4

We are struggling with performance speeds in hikashop and general joomla. Now i saw your demo page of hikashop. Just wondering why your page is so super fast. On our site, it always reloads, since joomla dont cache really and always prepares the page dynamically. Can you please give me some tipps or hints why your page is performing so super fast ? looks like it is really cached a lot. What cache or other special technologies you use for this demo ? Thanks for any tipps and hints and best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 4 months ago #284082

Hello,

The fact is, there is no cache in our demo website.
No Joomla cache, no cache plugin, no optimization plugin.

We are simply using a Linux server but instead of having a classical apache web server, we are using nginx and php-fpm.
FPM provide some PHP file pre-process cache to speed up the loading of PHP files.
And afterwards, with a lot of memory in the server, the servers (nginx, mysql, fpm, etc) can use the linux disk cache feature to make the file accesses faster.

Afterwards, we could still see to activate some cache/optimization plugins in Joomla to increase the speed but since it's a demo website which is refreshed every 4 hours, the interest is limited.

I can see that your website is hosted on a Windows+IIS server. You should see to first perform some optimization in that side before trying to add plugins or else in your Joomla.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds