Showing my "bunny" status but some help with Emails required please?

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 7 months ago #297052

-- url of the page with the problem -- : australianladybird.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.11

Folks,

Love Hikashop and the features and functions, etc so I am not "having a go", so to speak. (So I am not taking anything away from all the good hard work done, to be clear). But I am a basic user, so to speak, with basically no knowledge of editing .PHP or .CSS files to b able to help myself.

Emails handling in Hikashop.

Email Templates
Is there anyway or feature or plugin or extension that allows me WYSIWYG access to the emails Hikashop is going to send to customers. I want to be able to quickly and easily "edit" the templates to ensure logos are "just so", additional care statements are nicely phrased etc. I am currently buggered if I can find a place inside Hikashop that allows me this "bunny" level access.

Yes I can see the emails via the menus: 2 Order administrator notification, 3 Order creation notification, 4 Order status, etc.

But can't find a "bunny" supported way of editing them.

Any help is appreciated here, including having purchase an extension or plugin if needed.

Editing emails sent individually to users as the order moves in between order status's
I have administered a Hikashop system before and have sent emails to customers about their orders as the order progresses through the "process" towards fulfillment. At that time adding more words, or editing those "system emails" seemed not to be a supported function.

Is there any way now, of being able to add additional text to the templates before the email is dispatched to the customers?

Thank you again in advance for any help with this. Any and all replies can direct me to purchase a plugin or whatever. But I would just like an easy way to result, rather than having to turn myself into a .PHP or .CSS guy.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

(and yes I have tried and tried also to see what the "Press F10 to toggle Full Screen editing." function does but without any success.)

Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Aus_Ladybird.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 7 months ago #297070

Hi,

1. There is no WYSIWYG edition because it wouldn't work properly with the tag system we're using.
However, there is an easy and quick way to preview them.
When you're editing the emails in the menu System>Emails, you have a "preview" button at the top that you can use to quickly preview them.
Just click on it, select an order the first time, and you'll see the email for that order. Next time you click on the button you will directly see the preview with that order preselected.

2. You have two ways to change the status of an order. You can either do it on the order edition page and in that case, if you send the notification you won't have a preview of the email, or you can do it on the orders listing. If you do it with the dropdown on the orders listing, you will get a preview of the email and there you can customize the email that will be sent with a WYSIWYG editor and add custom text if necessary.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Aus_Ladybird

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 7 months ago #297099

Thanks folks, great to get some answers going.

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds