How to create a new Cart with in Multi Cart

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 6 months ago #298266

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.12
-- PHP version -- : 5.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox Latest

Hi,

I have Multi-cart enbaled on my clients site and it works fine with one cart shown as the default but it has taken me a while to figure out how to create a second cart and it seems either very convoluted or I am missing something. B)

In the front end too create a second cart I have go into an existing cart and select an item and then click the 'Move to Cart' option and select the only option 'Create a New Cart' which takes me to a new Cart with just the Item I have selected. I can then Save that new cart and I will see two carts listed under www.mydomain/my-account/cart/showcarts/cart_type-cart

Then I have to 'Move to Cart' the item I selected to put it back in the original cart.

It seems to me that it would be a lot simpler to just have a 'Create New Cart' type of button on the /showcarts page so I can create my new Cart, make it the default, and then go shopping for items to put in my New cart.

I don't know if I am requesting a new feature or there is something missing on my Business edition.

Regards,
Terry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 6 months ago #298272

Hi,

We could indeed add a new cart button on the carts listing. That's an interesting idea.
However, what we want to do is actually to have the possibility to have an "add to cart" button on the product pages modified to be able to select to add to the current cart or to a new cart or another cart.
The "move to" button on the cart page was the first prototype regarding that.
So it's indeed a feature request and we'll look at adding that.

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 6 months ago #298292

However, what we want to do is actually to have the possibility to have an "add to cart" button on the product pages modified to be able to select to add to the current cart or to a new cart or another cart.

It would be annoying to have to select each cart each time when adding a product so maybe the logic could be to only ask "Which Cart?' if there is more than one cart available and/or there is no Default Cart selected. And provide the option to set the default Cart at this point top avoid more prompts.

Terry

Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Irata.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 6 months ago #298301

Hi,

Thank you for your concern.
Of course, we want to do something like that in order to not add a prompt for no reason for most people.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds