Appearance of Notification E-mails

• Thank you received: 1
4 years 9 months ago #307561

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.1.0 Essential
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.8.
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.30
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 60.7.0

Hello HikaShop Team,

The created order notification e-mail displays, as it always has, with a width of 600px and is not responsive (changing size depending on the screen the document is viewed on):

The width of the confirmation order e-mail was the same as the order creation e-mail, before updating to HikaShop 4.1.0, and it now appears to be responsive (width 100%.) As a result, the Billing and Shipping addresses along with columns for the Unit Price and Quantity are not aligned properly:

Is this a problem with a specific e-mail client (in my case Gmail) or have you changed something in the template for the confirmation order e-mail? I hope this can be corrected.

Kind regards,

Mr B

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
4 years 9 months ago #307578

Hi,

We didn't change anything in HikaShop 4.1.0 regarding email notifications.
The emails elements are not meant to be responsive. The goal is to have the email display the same anywhere you look at it.
I also use gmail and didn't see any difference. The email order notifications are still displayed the same on my end regardless of the version of HikaShop.

Are you sure you didn't change something (like adding a CSS extension) on your browser ?
Try with another browser to make sure.
Also, to check what is sent by HikaShop, you can look at the emails in the Customers>Emails history menu in your backend. Do the emails appear correctly there ?

4 years 9 months ago #307808

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your reply. I made no CSS related additions to the browser that would result in this change. I looked at the e-mail history for the customers and the differences between the created order e-mail notification and the confirmed order e-mail notification are as I have described above. Does this mean something has happened in HikaShop and is not a browser issue?

The customer e-mails displayed in the e-mail history before updating to 4.1.0 show the e-mail notifications as the same size, so no problems there. The confirmation e-mail is sent via the back end, as it is an order with a bank transfer. What other issues could be causing the different sizes between the two e-mails?

There are differences when I check the table size of the HTML of the created and confirmed e-mails in Gmail

Created:
<table class="m_7658914052836156683w600" style="margin:0px;font-family:Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:12px;line-height:18px" width="600" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0">

Confirmed:
<table class="m_4527416096665503347w600" style="margin:0px;font-family:Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:12px;line-height:18px" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0">

I hope there is a solution for this problem.

Regards,

Mr B

4 years 9 months ago #307820

Hi,

On our end, in the HTML version of both the order status notification and the order creation notification, both tables (the first line of the HTML) has the width:

<table class="w600" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="600" style="margin:0px;font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;line-height:18px;">
I would recommend you to check there first.

4 years 9 months ago #307924

Hello Nicolas,

Thanks for your reply. I believe I have found the problem, after some testing. I switched to Tiny MCE and there are no issues with the resizing of the confirmation order e-mail. JCE 2.7.14 was released on 11.06.19 see changelog here: www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/changelog/editor - with various changes that perhaps affect the confirmation e-mail appearance.

Before the JCE 2.7.14 release (up to version JCE 2.7.13) the confirmation order e-mail was displaying normally (checked this by reinstalling JCE 2.7.13.) I’m not sure which content editor you use with your test sites, perhaps you could recreate the problem with JCE 2.7.14 installed and confirming bank transfer orders in the back end. Thanks for your continuing support.

Regards,

Mr B

4 years 9 months ago #307959

Hi,

If the HTML of the email is changed by JCE 2.7.14 and it doesn't do it with the 2.7.13 version, then you need to report that issue to JCE support as this shouldn't happen.
I did a test on my end with both a JCE 2.6.x version and a JCE 2.7.14 and I can also confirm that the CSS width of the tables are removed by JCE if the email is previewed before it is sent.
I've added a patch on our end to circumvent the problem. But it would be better if JCE could do something about it.
In the mean time the patch is available in HikaShop, so you can just download the HikaShop install package on our website and install it on yours and that will add the patch.

4 years 9 months ago #308085

Hello Nicolas,

Thanks for your reply. I’ll download HikaShop 4.1.0 with the latest patch and contact JCE. Thanks for your help and solution.

Regards,

Mr B

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds