5 suggestions for hikashop

• Thank you received: 4
4 years 9 months ago #308382

-- HikaShop version -- : 401
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9
-- PHP version -- : 7.2

5 suggestions for hikashop
1. One of the good things in hikashop was the integration of comments with other Joomla components. I suggest that the same thing happen to the download part of the file and can be integrated with the download manager components.
The above applies to support extensions through ticketing. This could easily lead to customer support.
3. Cloud connectivity is also ideal for services such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and One Drive, ... , with direct download links for virtual files.
4- In my opinion, the management of the files purchased in the panel of customers is not desirable. Because a product may contain several separate files to download. It is best to create a download list based on the name of each product and display the product list view by clicking the product name. Perhaps a download option for one place of all files will make it easier for clients to do the same if the files of a product are separated. It is possible to download one or all of the files. This option puts all files in a zip file for download automatically.
5. It is good that the download links are encrypted and there is no direct access to the file's address. It is also very good that the client has access to download for a limited time, and then the links will be disabled.
It may be very interesting to download a download program in EXE format instead of downloading the product, which will download the original file. Like google

I wish you success.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
4 years 9 months ago #308391

Hi,

Thank you for your ideas. We definitely want to work on integrations with online storage providers in the future. We actually already made a plugin for AWS for a client but it would require quite a lot of work to make it generic.
Note that for your point 5, you already can have no direct access to the file's address and limit the allowed download time. In the HikaShop configuration, under the "files" area, you can change the folder where the files are uploaded with the "uplaod safe folder". By default that folder is in your website but protected with a htaccess so direct access is not possible. But you even move that folder outside of your website folder to add more security. In any case, the customers are given a download link which goes through HikaShop to check that the customer has paid for an order of the product of the requested file before reading the file and sending it to the customer. This also checks that the customer still has access to the file thanks to the date of the order and the "download time limit" setting of the HikaShop configuration.

4 years 9 months ago #308425

thank you.
I mean the direct link was that it was no longer necessary to be directed to the download page of Google or Microsoft or .... Definitely links should be encrypted for security.
There are several plug-ins for Joomla! Which provide access to uploaded files on cloud services in a variety of ways.
If, for example, we have a file on Google Drive and create a share link for it, users will have to go to the Google download page; but in Joomla's internal plug-ins, the download is done from within the same website, and because the encryption link The user does not understand where the file is received from. So even reading a link does not help him recognize the location of the file.

• Thank you received: 13062
4 years 9 months ago #308426

Hi,

I believe HikaShop already works like that. If you enter your share link in a product, the customers will still receive the normal download link from HikaShop which will check the access of the customer before sending the file of the share link.
Now technically, this could still potentially allow someone skilled to get the link. If you really want prevent any ways to get to the original file, the only option is to have a plugin developed for the corresponding service (like google drive) so that it actually generates a temporary share link when the customer uses the link given by HikaShop. That way, even if the user gets the share link, he can't do anything with it as it's only a temporary one and only the download link given by HikaShop, which checks that the customer really did the purchase will work.

4 years 9 months ago #308452

good job. excellent.
This is exactly what I tried to say. I hope that this will happen soon.
Temporary access to the file in the cloud service without the download page of that service can be seen.

Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by mrhossein.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds