Add product in few steps

• Thank you received: 49
9 years 7 months ago #173606

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.4.4

Hi i have idea but dont know how to release that, maybe you ask/help me.
I wanna make next thing - add products in few steps because current view too large, for example:

1) vendor fill fields from product name to description, than press button (save & continue or next)
2) open next (step) page where vendor fill other fields, press button (save & continue or next)
3) last step with my custom fields where user fill them and press finish button

+progress bar like in hika

PS. oops wrong category move to How To or maybe you add this features in future))

сайт з перекладами www.benefit.in.ua
PS. спасибо переводить Webmoney : Z207635098627 R152456839841 или ЯД 410011027999056
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by master_b.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4006
9 years 7 months ago #173631

Hi,

You're not the first one who asked for the product creation in several steps.
But I don't like the fact that the product is created without all data, so I don't think the "several step" is a good idea unless that the product is not created during the different steps.

Because the product can have some validation to perform, if the product is uncompleted it will be difficult to do the checks correctly.
And if you have some plugins or mass-action, you won't have a complete product when the triggers will be called.

So if we have to implement such thing, it will be more a "display trick" system where all product data is passed but where the page just display a partial interface.
You can have some kind of counter (like in the checkout) and when you are in the last "step", you can display the "save" button instead of the "next" button to display the same page for the next "step".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 49
9 years 7 months ago #173641

If try release something like that for this system: foe example all fields at any step must be *required or some based fields like title,quantity, product category, description, price which must have be filled. so in first step we have based data for a products on another steps we have not required and custom fields so if user not fill some required field he cant save product...
or if on first step some required fields empty than next step not activated

сайт з перекладами www.benefit.in.ua
PS. спасибо переводить Webmoney : Z207635098627 R152456839841 или ЯД 410011027999056

• Thank you received: 4006
9 years 7 months ago #173711

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.
I don't think that we'll do that in the short term as it creates several important problems as I stated in my previous message, but we'll keep that in mind for future improvements ; I'll update the task in the TODO list to add your ideas.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds