• Thank you received: 3
3 years 10 months ago #318871

-- url of the page with the problem -- : test-abierto.ofertaexportable.net/
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.3
-- HikaMarket version -- : 3.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18
-- PHP version -- : 7.3

Hello

In the Hikamarket settings, I defined the user registration as Simplified registration with password.

When the user wants to register, the fields for registration are: email, password and password verification, fine.

Now, when a seller is going to register, the fields for registration are: name, username, email, password and password verification, where, the name is also requested in the fields of the shipping address, so, name field is duplicated and it is not a good experience for the user to have to enter the same field twice.

Maintaining the registry settings as Simplified registration with password, is there a way that the same fields are requested in the seller registry as in the user registration, email, password and password verification?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
3 years 10 months ago #318872

Hello,

There is no HikaMarket setting for "simplified registrion with password".
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...nfig_market_register

Are you sure that you're not talking about the HikaShop settings which are related to the HikaShop registration ?
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5....html#checkout_login

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

3 years 10 months ago #318896

Hello

Yes, it is true, the simple registration configuration with password is HikaShop configuration, in the tab complete the purchase, my apologies for the error.
But that does not change my query, I need that both records request the same data and that there are no repeated fields in the record, as it happens with the Name field. It is the same for me if the requested information is username, email, password or if the requested fields are email, password. The important thing is that fields are not repeated and that both records are the same, that there is consistency.
It's possible?

Greetings, thank you !

3 years 10 months ago #318907

Hello,

Sure.
But my previous message was pointing you the HIkaMarket documentation, for the "registration" settings ; where you can find the setting to not request the username and use the email address instead.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

3 years 10 months ago #318926

Hello, thanks for answering

Yes I understand.
But the problem is not the username field, the problem is the name field, which is requested twice in the seller registration form. As I commented in previous messages, Entering the same data twice is not a good user experience.

Greetings thank you !

Attachments:

3 years 10 months ago #318930

Hello,

There is the "name", for the user account and the "vendor name" for the public displayed name regarding the vendor.
In the HikaMarket translation, we do make the difference between "name" and "vendor name" ; we do not use the same title for the fields, in order to not give a confusion for the final user.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

3 years 10 months ago #319061

Hello, thanks for the answer

You are not understanding me, I as a developer and computer technician can see the difference between both fields, but, even if you do not believe it, users are confused that in a form they are asked twice for the name in the same data, the Users I refer to are not engineers or computer scientists, they are ordinary people, entrepreneurs from various sectors who are not computer experts, nor do they have digital thinking and I must provide them with the best user experience so that they can use the site.

In addition to that great reason, what I am asking you, is if you can give me a solution so that in the seller registration form, in the login data section the name is not requested, because beyond that for you, the difference between both fields is very obvious, the common user only sees that the form asks twice for the name. So I ask, if in the user registration form the name can be requested only once, why in the seller form cannot it be done in the same way? Could you see the screenshots I attached to the tickets?

Greetings thank you !

3 years 10 months ago #319076

Hello,

Then you can override the HikaMarket registration page and remove the vendor name field.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

3 years 10 months ago #319180

Perfect, removing the field from view, I was able to solve my problem

Thank you so much

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds