Email issue with credit card payment

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 11 months ago #306653

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.6

Hi,

Recently updated hikashop and now order emails are not going through to the customer when they select Credit Card payment. Using the plugin for payments:
/plugins/hikashoppayment/migsvpc.php

Testing and found the following;
- eWay also doesnt send through email
- bank transfer email works
- email history (under customer in admin area) does not display any of the history
- orders are displaying correctly under the orders option
- click onto send invoice and the invoice sends (via the admin area)
- bank transfer status is set to created (emails flow)
- credit card payment, status is set to Confirmed (this has been like this before the upgrade )
- under System > Order statuses
+ Created has created option checked, and Unpaid ticked
+ Confirmed has confirmed option checked, and Invoice, Download, Statistics and Print Invoice ticked.

It looks like the send function does not fire off when going through credit card payment, seems the history is not being saved also.

Any hints/tips to check for or what to do to get email flowing as customers are not receiving invoices when an order is made.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
4 years 11 months ago #306659

Hi,

We'll need to look directly into it as we need to check your settings and reproduce the issue to investigate.
Please provide a backend access and precise instructions to reproduce the problem (if necessary) as well as a link to this thread via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

4 years 10 months ago #306738

Hi,

Based on what you describe and what I can see on your website, there is a crash of the page when the order is created, just after it's created and before the history is filled and the notification emails are sent.
It's highly likely that it comes from a plugin implementing the trigger onAfterOrderCreate and crashing.
Looking around on your backend, I see that you're using an old version of AwoCoupon which tightly integrates with HikaShop.
So that's the first thing I would check.
Try disabling AwoCoupon (the component and the hikashop plugin) and see if you still have the problem.
If you don't then I would recommend updating that extension.
If you still have the problem, then I would recommend doing the same with plugins of the group "hikashop" via the Joomla plugins manager, one by one.

4 years 10 months ago #306853

Hi,

Just an update, we have updated all the plugins, components etc up to date; tested and still the email is not flowing through along with the details being stored in Customers > Email History in Hikashop.

4 years 10 months ago #306856

Hi,

So could you try disabling AwoCoupon (the component and the hikashop plugin) and do a test again ? Does it work without that extenion enabled ?
If yes, then you'll have to check with the AwoCoupon support.
If no, then I would recommend to do the test again but disabling another plugin of the group "hikashop" (which isn't a core HikaShop plugin). The goal is to identify which plugin is creating the problem.

4 years 10 months ago #306862

We disabled the plugin and tested. Order went through but no email. Also updated plugin re-installed hikashop, order goes through no email.

We believe it is modifyorder function or the custom order status we created and used for credit card payments, changing the status for payment method on success from created to confirmed.

4 years 10 months ago #306866

Hi,

The modifyOrder function calls all the plugins of the group "hikashop" when it changes the status of the order and then send the emails and add the history.
So if the status is changed in the order but the emails are not sent and the history is not filled in, it means that it stops just between the order status change and the email sending / order history saving. And the only thing in between is the call to the plugins.
So yes, the issue happens in the modifyOrder function, which calls the saving of the order which call the plugins. That's why I'm saying it must come from a plugin.
Another way to tackle the issue if you don't want to test each plugin of your website, is to look at the PHP error log of your website.
Since the processing of the page stops in the middle, a fatal error message should be logged in the PHP error log and that should tell you the file path and line number where the error happened. There is a high chance that this will directly point a plugin file.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds