Filter select box issue on android browser

• Thank you received: 114
4 years 5 months ago #311417

Hi,

It seems we found another issue with filters. As far as i can see it effects only android default browser. Not sure how it works on Iphone. We use samsung s9+, s10 for testing...

The issue:

We created filter -> type "Single dropdown" -> apply on "Sort", selected some sort values....
It doesn't matter what you select in "Apply On" settings as the issue is with the select box...

Now, using android default browser and selecting the select box, the select will slide from the bottom ( behivior of this browser ) so you can select any values. It works fine when u select first time, but after filter refresh, trying to select any value again, nothing happens. In order for it to work, you must hide that select by clicking somewhere outside. However this sometimes leads to "Tab crash" or page reload.

I have tried with some other browsers like Firefox, Opera Mini on Samsung S9+ and they don't have this issue. I believe it's because they use a popup as a select box and those after filter refresh it is getting hidden....

I am attaching some screenshot and i hope you can reproduce the issue:

This message contains confidential information

Thanks

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 5 months ago #311455

Hi,

I tried on my own smartphone, with Android 7.1.1
I tried with the 4 browsers I have on it: Chrome, "Internet", "Browser", and Firefox.
Both "Internet" and "Browser" were pre-installed on my smartphone.
With all of them, it worked fine.
I also tried on someone else's Huawei P30 with the default browser "Browser" and the other browsers there (Firefox, Chrome) and it worked fine there too.
Maybe it's something linked to the layer put on top by SamSung ?
Note that the popup selector is something handled by the browser itself. I'm afraid that you found a bug of the browser itself, not really something we can address in HikaShop.

4 years 5 months ago #311460

Hi,

I would agree with you Nicolas about a bug of the browser. That was my first thoughts too.

However i tried other few websites who has something similar. Filter which use select box to update products via ajax... and they don't have such issue with select box on same default samsung internet browser. I am affraid that it is something related to new ajax refresh system.

Here is the link to the video with the issue:

This message contains confidential information

Now, i took my time and installed fresh joomla and fresh Hikashop with sample data. I still see same issue. So I tried to debug browser developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-d...irect&utm_source=dcc

I lack of knowledge and time to debug such things...

What i found that. After selecting option and ajax refresh, trying to select any other values does nothing ( as you can see per my video attached ), there is not xhr request happening. Seems select action gets disabled or something...

I tried to look into other website, which you can see in my video, who use same select option for filtering and it works fine...

Are you able to see the issue on your end?

Thanks

4 years 5 months ago #311462

Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by kyratn. Reason: Sorry, missclick

4 years 5 months ago #311463

UPDATE.

So it seems you are right that there is something with new samsung browser and how they handle select options.

I tried with samsung s7 samsung internet browser (version 8.2.01.2) and each time after ajax refresh the select option will disappear. It does same on our old website which has Hikashop 4.1.0 version, on the cart module...

With new samsung s9+ samsung internet browser (version 10.1.00.27) the issue occures as per my video attached above.

Now, it seems that there could be a way to fix it. Because if you watched my video, especially the part on other website, it has no such issue for some reason?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 5 months ago #311464

Hi,

Well, to me it looks like an issue similar to this:
stackoverflow.com/questions/10085753/app...elect-box-in-webview
As you can see there, that's java (and not javascript) code for android app development. I'm afraid nothing can be done besides not using dropdowns :/

4 years 5 months ago #311482

Hi,

I have done few more test with JQuery ajax and found that, in on order for it to work properly, select option should be outside ajax refresh content.
So it is indeed a samsung browser issue.

While reporting it to samsung i saw that it had such issues previously with older versions.

Hope this info will help someone.

Thanks

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds