fa-pen icon could not be displayed in checkout page

• Thank you received: 1
3 years 11 months ago #317144

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.16
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.15
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 72.0.2

On my checkout page the fa-pen Icon is not displayed. A placeholder icon is visible instead.
The problem disappears if I switch to template PROTOSTAR. It comes back if I switch back to the websites template ARIANA.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 11 months ago #317150

Hi,

Your website is in maintenance so I can't look at the situation there.
The issue is probably caused by your template including an old version of font-awesome which overrides the latest version included by HikaShop and because of that it screws some icons. But I can't say for sure as I can't check the HTML / CSS of your website with it in maintenance.

3 years 11 months ago #317176

Hi,
I'm sorry. I just opened the Website.

3 years 11 months ago #317179

Hi,

I'm still not able to check the issue there.
When I access the second page on your checkout, I don't see the login / registration form.
and the address area is not available as it only appears after you've logged in:
monosnap.com/file/QTPxelpdwRZ0j7vLpjDgrZ4sFqC3ki
I would recommend to add back the "login" view to your "checkout workflow" in your HikaShop configuration. Otherwise, your customers won't be able to create an account or login during your checkout and will be stuck like I am.

3 years 11 months ago #317240

I'm sorry I just learned that it is neccessary to register for displaying the adress field. The last days I worked with my administrator login so I did not see that the adress field is not visible if you come without login.
I added the login.

3 years 11 months ago #317252

Hi,

The issue indeed comes from the font awesome included in your template. You can see that your template includes this file:
templates/j51_ariana/css/font-awesome.css
And if you open it, you can see at the top that the version is the 4.7.0 while HikaShop includes the 5.2.0
So the best would be to check with your template provider if they have a new version of their template with the latest version of font-awesome or if not ask them to update it.
Now in the mean time, you can add such CSS to avoid the problem for that icon:

.fa-pen:before {
content: "\f040"
}
but you might have a similar issue with other icons used in the HikaShop interface on the frontend.

The following user(s) said Thank You: rkhirsch

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds