User registration before adding items

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #3055

Hi, and congrats to a well written shop! I still have a lot to learn about the hikashop features, but there is one thing that I can't figure out. Or maybe it's not an option? If it isn't, it sure would be a nifty feature to add!

I would like to see a module, or possibly a menu item choice that can allow new customers to access the registration form without first having to place items in the shopping cart.

If this is possible, please let me know how. The standard Joomla registration form feels way to incomplete since you can't add address, phone etc. there. I want my customers to be able to sign up once and then be done, but I don't want to scare them away by asking them to first add items before signing up.

On another note - I made a bunch of changes to the file components/com_hikashop/css/frontend_default.css to make the content look good on my site. That was easy but took a good bit of time. Of course, one day later, I upgraded to the latest version of hikashop and all of my changes were lost/overwritten. Any way to keep custom settings/modifications while upgrading? Just asking!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
13 years 4 months ago #3056

Hi,

Since joomla integrates a registration form, we didn't feel necessary to have a specific view for registration in HikaShop. When a user arrives to the checkout and registered via joomla's form, he will have to enter his address in order to complete his order. That could be a way of doing it in two steps. The registration before adding products to the cart. And the address during the checkout.

Instead of editing the CSS directly, you should indeed have done it via the interface we provide in the configuration under the tab Display in the CSS area. That generates another file which won't be lost during an update. If you want to modify the views of HikaShop, you should use the menu Display->Views rather than editing the php files directly for the same reasons.

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #3067

Thanks, I appreciate the quick answer. Will look into the menu [Display > Views] as soon as I get a chance.

Keep up the good work my friends!

Peace.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds