Change Checkout to show prices before Tax

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
13 years 4 months ago #3139

I would like to alter the Checkout display to always show all line items with Unit Price and Total Price without Tax (similar to in the Cart). Sub-Total of all products also to be before Tax. The 17½% VAT should then only show in the Taxes Field just above the Final Total. Is this possible please? I guess there is a check whether the shipping area is taxable, or not, which defines whether the prices are shown with or without tax - but I would prefer to have that apply only to the Taxes field.

Currently the checkout displays prices with tax unless one returns to continue shopping a few times - then it will display prices without the tax included - strange - maybe a bug somewhere?

Regards
Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
13 years 4 months ago #3143

Normally, the decision to display taxed prices or untaxed prices is set in your menus/modules this option is then used on the checkout.
If the Itemid of your urls is lost, then, then default option (in the configuration , under the tab display ) is used. That could also be a way of forcing the checkout to a certain menu ( using the new option to do that in the tab display of the configuration) for which you could set this option.

Finally, you can also add at the top of the file step of the view checkout after the php tag, in the menu Display->Views, the code :
$this->params->set('price_with_tax',1); //or 0 for untaxed prices
And that will force it on the checkout page regardless of all the options.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds