Can't send registration mails to Yahoo addresses

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #3159

Hello,
I've installed Hikashop today and it works perfectly. My site is hosted for free on nuzoka.com and this servis has SMTP enabled. Anyway, I did some tests of purchases and the registration mail, order confirmation mail and so on are sent to any mail address except yahoo. After sending the check out form a confirmation message appears, but no mail is delivered to the yahoo address. This problem also affects the contact form of my small site. Does anybody know what the solution could be?
Thanks in advance.
This is the link to the site: http://ritacreazioni.nuzoka.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=category&layout=listing&Itemid=3

Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by mauroed79.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
13 years 4 months ago #3167

Hi,

That is because your server has been flagged by yahoo email servers as a spam server. Yahoo spam filter is one of the most sensitive. I invite you to follow the advices in the documentation of AcyMailing related to spam issues:
www.acyba.com/fr/support/documentation/108-acymailing-spam.html

There are several ways you can improve your server spam score like for example setting up an SPF record in your DNS as explained on this link.

13 years 4 months ago #3172

Thanks for your reply!
In your link I found this:

Make sure your server is not blacklisted

If your server is blacklisted, your e-mail will be considered as a spam e-mail.
You can make sure your server is not blacklisted on this website : www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

If you're server is blacklisted, you have two possibilities :

* Fix it! (usually it's a problem of reverse DNS)
* Use an external SMTP Server so your e-mails are not sent from your own server any more.

I'm not an expert... Can you please explain how I can use an external SMTP Server so that my mails are not sent from my own server anymore? What parameters should I set?
Thanks

13 years 4 months ago #3173

There are a lot of srvices online which propose to send emails for you. For example, you have smtp.com
If you want something free, you can use gmail's smtp server. You can find the smtp server information of gmail in the settings of your account.
You can configure your smtp settings for joomla in the joomla configuration and for hikashop in the configuration of hikashop under the tab mail.

13 years 4 months ago #3175

I'm trying to configure Gmail smtp.
In my Joomla configuration parameters I set:

Mailer: SMTP Server
Mail from: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
From Name: My site
/usr/sbin/sendmail
SMTP authentication: no
SMTP security: none
PORT: 25(465 doesn't work either)
SMTP username: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Password: my password
SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com

In Hikashop email tab I set the bounce address to:
smtp.gmail.com

It doesn't work, though. I get "SMTP error : Connection to the SMTP host impossible.

Any solution? :dry:

13 years 4 months ago #3176

Your hosting company might be blocking external connections from your server so you might want to check on that with them.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds