one item with 6 options but customer allowed only choose 2 options from 6, How?

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 8 months ago #309965

Hello,
I'm almost done with this restaurant menu, but I have a small issue I just faced, so the owner has a page in his menu has about 8 different specials, one of the specials has options but the customer allowed only choose two options,
so let's say the item is Specials one is
16-inch pizza with only two toppings, the customer has to choose what are the two toppings he wants but he can not choose 3 toppings, and the topping offered are 10 different toppings and he only can choose two maximum
any help appreciated
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
4 years 8 months ago #309986

Hi,

I would create a characteristic "topping" with the 10 toppings as values.
Then, I would create two products "topping 1" and "toppping 2" in an unpublished category. In each product, I would add the topping characteristic and then all its values as variants under the variants tab.
Finally, in the Specials one product, I would add these two products as "options" so that the customer will get a dropdown for each one with the variants as choices in the dropdown.

The following user(s) said Thank You: affaf1952

• Hikashop Business
4 years 8 months ago #309996

Thank you Nick,
that was a perfect solution, but my options come to a checkbox, we had to change them in the product configurations, see screenshot, in this case, Customs will be able to check all the options, less than I'm missing something, please give me hint, thanks

Attachments:

4 years 7 months ago #310000

Hi,

You should change the "product selection method" setting of your topping 1 and topping 2 products to "single dropdown" in order to have a dropdown and not checkboxes. That way, only one choice can be made by the customer for the topping 1 option and only 1 for the topping 2 option. That way, you'll be sure that you'll have only two toppings selected.
If you want to do it with checkboxes, that would require some custom coding as there is no system to restrict the number of elements selected in checkbox mode.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 7 months ago #310022

Hello Nick,
I agree with you, but remember we had to change the product selection method to a check box because we had to do a different product as addon, then as options see screenshot, is there is a way to make only these two topping or these two products which is Topping 1 and Topping 2 as a dropdown without making a big change in the all other product ?

• Hikashop Business
4 years 7 months ago #310024

This is what we did

so we can have this result like this in this product

ANy help appreciated Thanks

Attachments:

4 years 7 months ago #310034

Hi,

In the "product selection method" setting of the HikaShop configuration, select "on a per product basis".
Then, in each option product, you'll be able to find the same setting so that you can have a different look for each option.

The following user(s) said Thank You: affaf1952

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds