Is it possible to make the affiliation program "on invite only"?

• Thank you received: 8
5 years 10 months ago #293343

Hello,
I see that there is no option in backend to manually create a new affiliate, so I guess the only option is that a user register as partner on frontend and then is being approved, but is it possible to make the partner registration form invisible to regular users?

The ideal solution would be to have a menu item type that points to the partner registration form, but maybe there is a workaround?

I can remove the partner link form the user dashboard by customizing the view file and then create a menu item "HiIkashop > Affiliate program", but that menu item points to the affiliate stats and banner.

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
5 years 10 months ago #293351

Hi,

There is. Create a user in the Joomla user manager, and then go in the Customers menu of HikaShop, edit the user and activate the affiliate setting for it.
And if the user already exists, you just have to activate that setting.
I think it's best to do it from the backend if you don't want anyone to access it.
Then, you can have these user accounts in a special group and create a menu item to the affiliate program and restrict it to that user group with the access level setting of the menu item.

The following user(s) said Thank You: oloccina

• Thank you received: 8
5 years 10 months ago #294069

Got it,
but I still have to edit the hikashop customer dashboard template to remove the "affiliates" button right?

• Thank you received: 13068
5 years 10 months ago #294070

Hi,

No. You can turn off the display of that button in the settings of the HikaShop affiliate plugin via the Joomla plugins manager.

The following user(s) said Thank You: oloccina

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds