• Thank you received: 2
7 years 3 weeks ago #265530

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

Hi
I've tried every variable I can think of but can't get the module to show up on any page.

I've added a module (related items)
I've added some related items
I've got it defined in the main configuration
I've made sure it's published and has a position
I've added the position in the Gantry template

What am I missing?
Thanks
David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13060
7 years 3 weeks ago #265532

Hi,

Hard to say without looking at the settings of your module.
Please provide screenshots of all the settings of your module and we should be able to say more.

7 years 3 weeks ago #265606

Ok - I get that.
I've attached screenshots of the module settings and the general display configuration settings.

A new problem just showed up. The categories are set to 3 colums in the menu (see Screen shot) but suddenly it's just one column.
Strange.

Thanks for your help.
Regards
David

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by iamalive.

7 years 3 weeks ago #265611

Hi,

1. Unfortunately, some crutial settings of the module are missing from your screenshots (the data display and product data display sections).
The problem is probably in there.

2. Regarding the categories listing, you have an old version of the category listing views on your website but you're missing the old CSS of HikaShop. So it doesn't match.
Add that CSS and it will work:
.hikashop_category {
float: left;
}
Otherwise, you could also remove the view overrides in the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/category and that should also work as you'll be using the new views of HikaShop 3.0.0 with the new CSS of HikaShop.

Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by nicolas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iamalive

7 years 3 weeks ago #265657

Hi Nicolas

I have no idea why my screen capture programm missed that section. Weird, but a different issue :-)
I have attached the missing section from the module and hope you can find the solution there.
I am also using the Advanced module manager, so I'm including the settings from that too.

You comment that I have the old version overrides. I have no idea how that can be the case, as the first thing I installed was the Version 3 Beta and kept updating that. Unfortunately, I have made some changes in the overrides - not sure I can easily find them in that huge list.
The CSS worked of course, but I'm a bit worried about this overrides issue. What happens when you upgrade more stuff and there's a version 3.3, for example.

Finally, I can't find a way to make the previous/next buttons clearly visible in the product detail view. I've attached an image to show what I mean.

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards
David

Attachments:

7 years 3 weeks ago #265660

Hi,

1. You want to set the "sub element filter" setting to "all sub elements". Otherwise, it will only display the related products that are directly linked to the main category (and thus you get no products displayed).

2. Then it means that your Joomla template came already with these old view overrides.
We try to be as backward compatible as possible with the changes we add to HikaShop views. That's why even though you have old views from HikaShop 2.x, and that HikaShop 3.0.0 is the biggest release ever, which changes a lot of things, they still work quite well with your version of HikaShop. But yes, it's best to reduce the view overrides as much as possible and try instead to use CSS or translation overrides when the changes you need don't require a view override.

3. You can add custom CSS if you want to change them:
.hikashop_previous_product , .hikashop_next_product{
... YOUR CSS ...
}

Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by nicolas.

7 years 3 weeks ago #265712

Thanks Nicolas

Unfortunately, the modul is still not showing :-(

Regards
David

7 years 3 weeks ago #265715

Hi,

Then please provide a backend access along with a link to this thread via our contact form so that we can check on your settings because I don't see any other issue on your module settings so it must be something else.
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

7 years 3 weeks ago #265774

OK - done That.
Regards
David

7 years 3 weeks ago #265775

Hi,

You had to also turn off the "Related products from cart only" setting of the module since otherwise, it would only take into account the related products of the products in the cart.

7 years 3 weeks ago #265799

Thanks. Is that the setting right at the bottom in the left panel? It just has dots....

However, now some of the category layouts has turned weird, with categories not floating left as they should. See imagess below

Also: Can I turn the custom field for product listing off in the related products modules view?

I appreciate all your help and am learning a lot in this process. Thank you for your patience

Regards
David

Attachments:

7 years 3 weeks ago #265810

Hi,

1. Yes, it's this setting. It seems that you have a problem with the display of the tooltips on your backend for some reason.

2. It's because the height of the elements is not consistant on your listing. Add such CSS and it will display properly:
.hikashop_subcontainer {
min-height: 180px !important;
}

3. There is no setting to do it per module.
However, it's easy to do with a bit of CSS:
.hikashop_module_131 .hikashop_product_custom_bersicht_line{ display: none; }

7 years 3 weeks ago #265831

Nicolas, you are a hero!

Thanks for all your help. I'm OK for now, but I'm sure I'll have more questions soon :-)

I have also removed the old CSS and discovered the right place to create overrides - again thanks.

Best regards
David

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds