Carousel for mobiles

• Thank you received: 1
4 years 10 months ago #306097

-- url of the page with the problem -- : atalmataltoys.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.0

hi
is there any options to set the Carousel effect for mobile screen? i mean the user could pass through products by his finger (touch products)??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13036
4 years 10 months ago #306100

Hi,

If you have the "carousel legacy" setting turned off in the HikaShop configuration, you're using the owl carousel library of HikaShop 3.2+. This carousel library support the "swipe" feature of smartphones:
owlcarousel2.github.io/OwlCarousel2/
I actually just tested it on a local test website with the latest version of HikaShop and it works great.
Looking at your website, it seems that you have the old carousel system so I suppose that you have that "carousel legacy" setting turned on.

4 years 10 months ago #306145

i turned on the "carousel legacy" setting and there is no change.

Attachments:

4 years 10 months ago #306147

Hi,

Maybe I wasn't clear in my previous message but you need to turn off that setting, not on.
If it was already off, then you have a view override of the product / carousel.php view file that you want to delete via the menu Display>Views on top of having that carousel legacy setting turned off so that you can use the new carousel system.

4 years 10 months ago #306188

so nice!
thanks a lot for helping :)

4 years 10 months ago #306191

one more question,
where is the carousel template file?
i want to change position of navigation buttons. (next-prev)
i cant see any related code in those files you mentioned.

Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by emperor69.

4 years 10 months ago #306193

Hi,

The carousel display of HikaShop uses the owl carousel library to generate the carousel. So in the product / carousel.php view file, all you have is the parameters generated and then sent to that owl carousel library so that it can generate the carousel. And that includes the next/previous buttons.
If you can, I would recommend to use CSS only to change these buttons. If you want to change their HTML, you have two solutions:
- you can turn off the display of these buttons in the settings of the carousel, and instead modify the product / carousel.php file to add your own buttons instead. Here is a page which talks about doing that:
github.com/OwlCarousel2/OwlCarousel2/issues/2120
If you're a developer it should be no problem and that would be the best solution if CSS only is not enough.
- you can directly modify the media/com_hikashop/js/owl.carousel.min.js file where the next/previous buttons are generated. However I don't recommend that as the code there is minified and you would loose your changes after each update of HikaShop.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds