Unable to finalise order if address is submitted

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 5 months ago #299141

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.11
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.20

Hello!

We're having a strange issue with the checkout where if you submit the address (not the order) and the country is within EU, then the order won't submit / continue to the selected payment method, when you press the "Finish Order" button.

If you however select a country outside of the EU then everything works as expected, this is also the case that if you avoid submitting the address and instead proceed to click the "Finish order" everything is working.

We've used the default Joomla template to ensure that it's not one of the views interfering. We have also checked our tax zones / rates and such and nothing has changed / everything seems to be in order.

This is a very strange issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 5 months ago #299145

Hi,

It's a shame you didn't give a link to the shop so that we could reproduce the problem, or a screenshot of the checkout tab of the HikaShop configuration so that we could see how you configured your checkout.
What you're describing indicates some kind of zone restriction being enforced.
For example, you don't have shipping methods configured for the countries in the EU but you do for countries outside the EU.
Or it could be the same with the zone restriction of payment methods.
But that's just the most simple causes I can think of. So you can already check these, but otherwise, we would need more information to be able to have a better picture of the situation and provide a solution.

5 years 5 months ago #299499

Hi Nicolas

First off, sorry for the late reply.

The reason we didn't provide a link is because we are experiencing these issues on our test server which is at the moment only accessible internally, however we can patch you through should this be required. As for the screenshots of the configuration is simply me forgetting. (Fixed now, see attached image).

We have shipping method configured for all of our countries / same goes for payment, or rather, we don't have any restrictions regarding country, the only thing is whether the customer is paying in EU or USD. (So purely tax / vat related).

I had the same idea as you though and have tried practically every setting to see if it made a difference, alas to no avail.

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by earmaster.

5 years 4 months ago #300976

Hi Nicolas

Has there been any progress / updates on this? Even with Hikashop 4.0.1 do we experience this issue, although with a added error of:

PHP Notice: Undefined index: shipping_address in /administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/user.php on line 463, referer: http://xxxxx/shop/checkout.html

Although with it just being a notice I'm uncertain whether this is something that affects us being unable to finalize a order.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 4 months ago #300986

Hello,

I'm sorry. I don't know why but the thread was marked as "resolved".
Regarding your checkout workflow, you do not have any way to create shipping address for your customer.
But you have the shipping method block, so it means that you require a shipping method ; it could be problematic.

Now regarding the notice. It is just a notice. As you suspected, it's not a blocking issue.
But the fact that you're requesting a shipping but not having a way to set-up the shipping address, is problematic.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

5 years 3 months ago #301244

Hi Jerome

I've removed the Shippping part from the checkout but the problem stil persist.

I've tried with (almost) every setting turned on / off in nearly every combination but nothing seems to have worked.

Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by earmaster.

5 years 3 months ago #301273

Hi,

Normally, you should have an error message which indicates what is the problem.
If you don't, try again after activating the default template of Joomla and activating the "error reporting" and "debug mode" of the Joomla configuration.
You should hopefully get more information that way.
Also, if you could provide a screenshot of the page before you click on the "finish" button of the checkout and a similar screenshot of the page after, that would help us understand the situation.

5 years 2 months ago #302893

Hi!

After much unexpected struggle with our system I finally managed to get it to show me a error message, upon the first order submit I got two lines of

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /.../administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/checkout.php on line 379
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /.../administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/checkout.php on line 379

Also in the backend in "VAT" => "Manage Rates" I get lots of these, although I don't know if they are related to the other issue.
Notice: Undefined index: VAT Exempt in /.../administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/tax/view.html.php on line 160

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /.../administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/tax/view.html.php on line 160

Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by earmaster.

5 years 2 months ago #302897

Hi,

Thanks but these error messages are not linked to your problem.
The messages on the checkout indicates that no shipping methods could be found for the current situation.
This basically matches with what I was saying before that the shipping methods are filtered out because of the restrictions on them.
Now, you still didn't provide any screenshot of the settings of your shipping methods, nor any instructions so that we could reproduce the problem on your website (or a copy of it). So we're stuck as we can't tell you exactly what is the problem as we don't know exactly the current situation.

5 years 1 month ago #303175

Hi Nicolas

I think I've misread your message about the shipping methods config / missed that part, I've attached two screenshots of our two shipping methods and I hope that it's the correct ones.

In terms of getting this solved then I think we can either provide you access via teamviewer (or some other remote access program) to one of our local machines which have access to our local test environment, althought that might be a little hard to cordinate with timezones / when everyone is available.

Or I could send a backup of our test environment purged of any customer data, I don't know which one would be easiest / which one you would prefer?

Attachments:

5 years 1 month ago #303180

Hi,

Thanks. Ideally, I would prefer that you setup a temporary website online so that we could directly look at the issue there.
Teamviewer is not easy to coordinate indeed. So that leaves us with only the backup so that we can restore it on our end.
Please provide a link to download the backup and precise instructions to restore the backup, reproduce the issue, a backend access so that we can check the settings in the backend, and a link to this thread via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

4 years 5 months ago #312183

Hello, my name is Morten i have been assigned to this task which is still a problem, i have been reading the thread and can see you would like more info and access to a live system, i have made a use case for you which you can test on a live server.

the information is in the pdf as attachment, feel free to ask any questions and i will tryanswer them. If you access our server backend please write back when on email

best regards Morten

Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by earmaster.

4 years 5 months ago #312184

Can i send you the pdf attachment with info somewhere secure?

• Thank you received: 609
4 years 5 months ago #312549

Hello,

You can provide confidential information thanks to our Contact us form, and in order to keep the link with this issue, add an Url to this topic.
Awaiting news from you to move forward in your subject.

Note : Sorry for the delay of this answer, something seems went wrong in our ticket system, sorry for this.

Regards

Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Philip.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds