• Hikashop Business
4 years 10 months ago #306864

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.6
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.11
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all browsers
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no error message

Hi,

I have some custom fields in the order-table with restrictions "display limited to" a checkbox-value. When checked, the extra custom fields should show up, when unchecked the fields should be hidden. At least that is wat I expected.
Unfortunately the restricted fields are only hidden at pageload. When checked, the fields show up, but on uncheck the fields stay visible.

Is this intentional behaviour or a bug?

Regards,
Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 10 months ago #306868

Hi,

I'm not able to reproduce the problem on my end but without a screenshot of the settings of the checkbox field and another field which should display/hide based on that checkbox field and a link to the page where you have the issue so that we can reproduce the problem there, I'm not sure we're looking at the same situation.
I'm not even sure if you're talking about the backend order additional information edition or the checkout.
And it could be that you have a javascript error on the page which leads to the custom field javascript not initialized, resulting in that problem. That error might come from a conflict with the template you're using, or even be unrelated to HikaShop.
Could you please provide the screenshots and instructions to reproduce the issue on your website so that we can better understand the problem and analyze it ?

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 10 months ago #307042

hi,
Sorry for not giving you all the information in the first place. Here are the screenschots you asked for.

• The problem occurs during the checkout process[/l]
  • There is no javascript-error in the console during the checkout process

You can reproduce the issue via the following URL;

This message contains confidential information

On this website search for "export" as an example, click on the blue "meer info" buttton that is behind a product, and then click on the green "inschrijven" button to put it in the shopping-basket.
I created a login for you:

After login click "volgende", then you find the page like the screenshot with the "ja, werkgever betaald" checkbox custom field.

Hope this is enough information for you to find out about this problem.

No javascript-error:

front-end checkout first page:

after clicking on the checkbox:

after clicking againg: other fields stay visible:

All fields that should hide:

Custom field checkbox:

Two examples of custom fields restricted

4 years 9 months ago #307098

Hi,

Thank you for all this. It was really helpful. I was able to reproduce the issue on my local test website and add some patches to fix the issue.
Donload the HikaShop install package on our website and install it on yours and you'll get the patches to make it work properly.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 9 months ago #307226

Hi,

Thanks for your effort. I downloaded and installed versino com_hikashop_business_v4.1.0_2019-06-04_09-18-35 but unfortunately it is not working. Now the restricted fields don't even show up when I check the checkbox .

There is no javascript-error. I cleared the cache after installing the new version, and I use Ctrl-F5 to refresh the page completely.

Wish I had better news for you ;-)
Peter

4 years 9 months ago #307229

Hi,

Well, I don't have the problem on my end. Before adding the patch, I was able to reproduce the issue you had, and after the patch was added on my end, I didn't get the problem, and the required fields where showing properly.
I wanted to take a look again at the issue on your website but it seems you still have the 4.0.3 on your website.
So I suppose that you must have added the update on a copy of the website.
Could you provide access and instructions to reproduce the issue on your website or the copy of it as well as a FTP access so that we can directly debug there and make sure it's all good ?

• Hikashop Business
4 years 9 months ago #307253

Hi,

The update is now on the 'live' site, so you can see what happens.

I created a ftp-account for you:

Thanks,
Peter

4 years 9 months ago #307316

Hi,

Thank you. This allowed us to find a second bug to that system. It didn't work properly when several custom fields were limited to the same "master" custom field. And of course, when I was doing my tests on local, I had tried with only one "slave" custom field so I didn't had the problem.
I've added a patch on our end, like last time.
However, since I had your FTP, I directly added the patch on your website too, and confirmed that it now works properly. So you don't have anything to do.

The following user(s) said Thank You: sandvalley2019

• Hikashop Business
4 years 9 months ago #307318

Hi Nicolas,

Many thanks for the great support! Is the patch included in the current download? I have another site with the same issue.

Best regards,
Peter

4 years 9 months ago #307329

Yes

The following user(s) said Thank You: sandvalley2019

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds