[resolved] Variants not displayed for some products

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 8 months ago #309089

-- url of the page with the problem -- : 109.73.237.231/~lechemin/liste-des-categ...s/5527-saute-de-porc
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.10

Hi,
I'm using some characteristics on my products, on Business Version.
Since a migration, I noticed a bug on some of products, using one characteristic called "poids souhaité" (the customer can select the weight of its product).
All values are displayed in the dropdown list, but then the cart only displays the product name, and not the variant.
The email have the same problem.
What is very strange is that it does not happen on other products/characteristic.

I also tried to add a new value to this existing characteristic on this product (after adding an alias to the characteristic, I don't know if it's relevant).
Then, adding this specific new variant is OK (the cart view displays the selected value). But choosing another value does not display the value in the cart.

You can see it here:
http://109.73.237.231/~lechemin/liste-des-categories/produits/1482-saute-de-porc

• Choose "poids souhaité = 1kg", add to cart
  • Then choose "poids souhaité = 1,100kg", add to cart.
  • In the cart, you'll see a line with the variant, and another without.

Can you help me with that ?
thanks
JB

-Hikashop 2.3.0-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
4 years 8 months ago #309092

Hi,

What I understand is that all the variants other than 1.100 kg have the same product name as the main product for that product.
So in the end, you get "Sauté de porc: Sauté de porc" (ie. the name of the main product + the name of the variant), instead of "Sauté de porc: 1.000kg" (ie. the name of the main product + the value of the characteristic as the name of the variant is empty).
So please check on that.

4 years 8 months ago #309448

Hi,
thanks for your help.
In a way, you're right : I edited the name of a variant to "Sauté de porc 900g" of the product and the cart now displays "Sauté de porc: Sauté de porc 900g". Which is better but not perfect :
on the other products, not affected by this "bug", it displays "product name : characteristic[1]&characteristic[2]" without any "manual edition", even when the variant name is null. For example, see this product

Your idea gives me a workaround but it's too hard to edit all the variants (up to 48 variants couples on a single product),
and I don't know which products are concerned, as I can only see the bug when the product is in cart or in an order email.

Do you know where is defined the current "normal" behaviour that displays the concatenation of "product name" and "variantS", when the variant name is null ? It could give us a hint...
thanks

• Thank you received: 610
4 years 8 months ago #309479

Hello,

It's not a bug, if you have set a name here :

This behavior is normal when the product variant is selected to add the variant name (if this one is define), like Nicolas told you.
To just have title + variant value, you have to remove the variant name (red bordered on my screenshot).

And unfortunately their is no option to reset all variant name.
regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: jbvieren

• Hikashop Business
4 years 8 months ago #309498

Hi Philip
Thanks for your answer,
that's very clear, and it's now working fine.
Maybe I can identify all the products in that case with a full export.

kind regards
JB

-Hikashop 2.3.0-

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds