Change wording of Tax namekey

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 11 months ago #317102

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.16
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Where do I change the display of the 'Tax namekey' from Products to Tax—sp people know that this the amount of tax on the products?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 11 months ago #317106

Hi,

Go in the menu System>Taxes.
There, first create a new tax rate with the text you want as namekey via the "manage tax rates" button.
Then, edit your tax rule(s) and change the tax rate to use the new one.

3 years 11 months ago #317121

This is so very confusing but I think I created it.

Now, sales tax does not appear or calculate in the checkout at all — where do I set this as the default and to appear and calculate in the total

?

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by dagroupinc. Reason: clarification

3 years 11 months ago #317126

Hi,

Well, I don't know your situation with the settings of your tax rules, so I can't say much.
I would need a screenshot of your tax rules to beginning with.
Also, I would recommend to check the points on this FAQ:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/3...ion-listing.html#faq

3 years 11 months ago #317221

These are the settings for sales tax. Still trying to figure out why a line item for Sales Tax does not display in the checkout/cart pages. It is published.

Attachments:

3 years 11 months ago #317231

Hi,

The tax rate will only display on your checkout if the product in the cart is assigned to the "default tax category" tax category (so please check the settings of that product), and if the post code is set to 60617 and the state is set to Illinois in your billing (or shipping) address. To know if it's the billing of the shipping address that's taken into account, you can check the setting "Type of address used for tax" in the HikaShop configuration.

3 years 11 months ago #317270

All our products are assigned to the Default Tax Category but none of the products display the sales tax in the cart during checkout.

3 years 11 months ago #317273

Hi,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on your website.
First, to be able to get the taxes added, you need to enter your billing address since otherwise, the tax rule will be refused as it needs a post code.
But on your checkout, you've placed the "address" view on the second step of your checkout and the login view on the third step of the checkout.
And since I don't have an account, I need to access the login/registration form of the login view before I can use the "address" view.
But the address view refuses that I access the third step since I need to select / enter a billing address in that view before going to the next step. But I can't do that since I didn't go through the login view yet.
So basically, the way you setup your checkout, no one is able to finish it.
You should swap the login and the address views in your checkout workflow.
Also, if you want the taxes to display on the cart view, you should move it after the login/address views since you restricted your taxes rule based on the post code of the billing address.

3 years 11 months ago #317278

I fixed it by removing all references to zones—for now, this works for us because orders can only be picked up. Sales Tax now appears and calculates properly.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds