Separate item from being grouped with specific items in check out

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 9 months ago #322126

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.ariesgamesandminis.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.20
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

This is rather hard to describe, and I think it's a very unique situation and I'm not sure how to resolve this.

I have an item that is a rolled up map, that is in a retail box which measures 24" x 3" x 3". I have no problem shipping this item with almost anything on my site...except books. Books typically measure 12" x 9" x 1" or 2". For me to ship this map with a book requires a seriously large box, which 80% will be filled with packing material.

Without using a Warehouse setup, how can I prevent these maps from being combined in checkout with the book for shipping?

I'd like to get it to show shipping just for the map, or ANYTHING else on my site with it...except books.

The books I can also ship with anything else on my site, except these maps. So I keep having to split shipping into 2 packages, which I end up losing almost all, if not more than all my profit depending on how the shipping works out.

Thank you

Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Dragon41673.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
3 years 9 months ago #322158

Hi,

I don't see any solution for that without coding.
By developing a custom shipping plugin it would be possible to take that into account properly on the checkout by either adding some extra fee to the cart when both types of products are in the cart for example, or preventing both from being in the cart at the same time, or something else.

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 9 months ago #322171

That's what I was afraid of...thanks Nicolas!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds