How to change the layout of the page (confirm) that show the paypal button

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Essential
3 months 2 weeks ago #358361

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.2

I successfully configured a checkout workflow with paypal and it all seems to work. I really like the visual overall check out process until you submit the order where a paypal payment is required. It seems the flow leaves the check out process completely and only show the paypal button when the end user is able to pay for the order but the context of the order has been taken visually away.

It would have been nice just to add another step at the end where you can pay for your order with the details of the order still showing.

So did I something wrong or is that the default process ?
If it is the default process is the confirm page the one to change the look & feel ?
Any plans to develop an additional step after the submission in the checkout process for the actual payment step ?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 612
3 months 2 weeks ago #358364

Hello,

We will need some elements to be able to better answer you, can you provide these elements :
- An Url link to your website
- Relative payment method settings screenshot

Regards

Last edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Essential
3 months 2 weeks ago #358377

Send you a pm

• Thank you received: 13083
3 months 2 weeks ago #358384

Hi,

Normally, on that end page, you have a list of payment methods available based on what you selected in the "enable funding" and disable funding" settings of the payment method and what PayPal thinks the customer can use (based on his location, etc).
I would recommend selecting more payment methods in the "enable funding" setting. It will help your customers purchase things on your website without downsides on your end. It will also make the text displayed there by default more logical to the customer.

Regarding customization, you can change the "please select ..." text with a translation override:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
But the PayPal button itself is displayed by PayPal and that can't be changed besides the display settings offered in the payment method in your backend.

• Hikashop Essential
3 months 2 weeks ago #358395

Thank you for the response. Any plans to include a payment processing step in the checkout flow? I think it would be really good if that would be included. Once you have reached the payment processing step the previous steps are just greyed out. This way the buyer doesn't lose the context of his purchasing process.
At the moment I feel the payment process step is disconnected from the overall process which could create confusion

3 months 2 weeks ago #358421

Hi,

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean.
What do you mean by "Once you have reached the payment processing step the previous steps are just greyed out. " ?
Are you talking about the "progress bar" of the checkout ?
Are you saying that you've activated the progress bar in the settings of HikaShop and it displays on the other pages of the checkout but you also want to display the progress bar on this end page too ?
In that case, it's just a matter of changing the "Display checkout progress bar" setting to "checkout progress with ending" in the HikaShop configuration page.

• Hikashop Essential
3 months 2 weeks ago #358434

That is correct that I have activated the progress bar with "checkout progress with ending" hence my confusion.

See below my first screenshot. I'm on step 4 where the customer can review the order before he submits/purchases the order.

The second screenshot shows you the page after the submission/creation of the order.

What I would have expected that the progress bar is still at the top showing done ordered with the paypal button showing so that the customer can pay for the order. Or even better an additional step in the progress before 'done ordered' where the customer has the opportunity to pay for the order.

I hope that makes more sense now.

First screenshot:

Second screenshot:

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by sophiez.

3 months 2 weeks ago #358438

Hi,

Ok, I see what you mean. We decided not to display the progress bar on the last page as usually payment plugins will just do a redirect on this page and we thought it might be confusing for the customer to see that he is on the "end" page of the progress bar while the payment still has to be made.
There is no easy way for us to make that possible.
However, as a customization, you can edit the view file checkout / end and add at the top the HTML you get for the progress bar on the previous step if you right click on it and click on "inspect element". In the inspector tool, you can right click on the HTML of the progress bar and copy the HTML.
www.makeuseof.com/copy-websites-code-chrome-firefox-edge/

The following user(s) said Thank You: sophiez

• Hikashop Essential
3 months 1 week ago #358453

Thank you for your suggestion. That could work. Thanks again for all your responses. Much appreciated

• Hikashop Essential
3 months 1 week ago #358458

All good now. I was able to add the progress bar to the top of the page copying the HTML code from the previous page.

Thanks for the help during the last couple of days. Much appreciated.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds