product option not showing image

• Thank you received: 21
  • Hikashop Business
12 years 3 months ago #37015

Hi Nicolas,

I added a product option (mounting option) to my product, but I don't know how to show the imgage of that option?
this is the link:
www.michelpouliwebshops.nl/webshops/inde.../category_pathway-16

the option is called: "Keuze bevestigingsset"

B.R.
Michel Pouli

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 3 months ago #37177

Hi,

Options do not add images to the main product. If you want, you can specify a URL of a joomla article in the URL field of your option product and then the users will be able to click on the question mark icon to see the content of that page in a popup.

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 1 week ago #47649

I am having this problem as well. When I choose an option the main product image dissapears but the image I put in the manage variants doesn't show. If you hover over where it should be and click it displays in the popup box, but it doesn't show on the product page.

www.langkatest.com/index.php?option=com_...w&Itemid=503&lang=en

12 years 5 days ago #47809

It's not the same problem.
You have that problem: www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/47492-pr...n.html?lang=en#47789

• Thank you received: 2
12 years 1 day ago #48443

Iḿ struggeling with this too,
my question is: do images in options work in Hikashop buisiness?

A possible (not too sophisticated) solution might be like this:
why not make a hikshopmodule of products in a productcategory filled with options,
and show it (that categorie-module) on the product page of your choice.
It will be possible to show picture, name and add-to-cart button. (maybe an image-popup too?)

This way customers at least see what the products options are at once, and order it alongside the product.
The only problem is that the options amount will not be charged on the product page(?) But it will be on the cart.

I will go and have a look, and will let you know what problems i find while doing this.

12 years 23 hours ago #48494

a little addition to my ealier suggestion: If you use related articles and my 'solution'
the option will appear below the related articles.

To avoid that, I put the options in the product-description like this:
If you do not use the free plugin 'load module in article' or something simular, install it.
you will now be able to load any (hikashop)module, including images etc. into your product description.

Easy if you got the same options for a lot of products.
There will be a few downsides compared to Hikashop options, but I like this better than
the standard product-options,

In my case I use 4 kinds of options per article.
To save space I included the 4 option-modules in 1 custum HTML module (standard Joomla) in an accordion-styled plugin (plant accordion, also free)
To load my 4 custom options in a productdescription is to add this code: {module [169]} **EDIT: 169 is the number of my custum html-module.**

Ordering will not be as sophisticated as with Hikashop's product options. But it certainly will show the options images.

Last edit: 12 years 23 hours ago by rockoladeluxe. Reason: forgot to explian something

11 years 11 months ago #48551

Yes, that's indeed a way to have other products with images on the product page, even though, as you say, it works differently from the normal options system since the options won't be "grouped" with the main product. So it might not be possible for some use cases to use that method.

11 years 11 months ago #48572

Would it be possible to add a feature like this (with the product grouping) in a next version of Hikashop?
all th best, Roy

11 years 11 months ago #48607

No it won't be possible.
The features are already frozen for next version. Also we can add it to the todo list on our end but we can't guarantee when it will be done (the list is really long). We do the features based on the number of requests, the complexity and the financial incentives from users.
You're the first ones asking about that while we have people asking for multi vendor every week, so it's not a priority for now.

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds