Problem with different prices (end date/start date)

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 3 months ago #302338

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.paardenmestonderzoek.com/mestonderzo...sturen-mestonderzoek
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.1.
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 71.0.3578.98

Hi,

I am having a problem with the different prices for products. Some explanation;

I have a product that has different prices; buy 1, price is X, buy 2, price is Y, buy 3, prices i Z. So far, no problem. This works fine in all versions of Hikashop. However, I want to change the prices per february 1st. So I purchased the Hikashop Business Version, so that I could implement prices that would end on January 31st at 23:59 and the new prices would start on February 1st at 00:01. Somehow I can not get this working.

I put in an end date in al the prices that were already there and I added new prices, starting on the new date. This is when things got messed up. It doesn't remember the end dates or startdates, it changes the times and dates arbitrarily and prices even dissapeared.

What am I doing wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
5 years 3 months ago #302343

Hi,

First, once you edit a price set the dates and click on the "ok" button, you also need to save the whole product if you want the change to be taken into account.
Then, if dates get changed, it might be because of some wrong configuration with the timezones of your website. Now I don't see why prices would disappear.

Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by nicolas.

5 years 3 months ago #302377

Hi Nicholas,

thanks for your response. Believe me, I've done it exactly as you describe. And on some occasion it would save the price correctly, but the next time I "open" the product, things are messed up again. And believe me, prices do dissappear.

5 years 3 months ago #302383

Hi,

Then either you have some mass action (menu System>Mass actions) messing your products, or you have some import messing them (with the HikaShop product cron update plugin automatially importing a CSV) or another extension modifying for the prices for some reason.
But there is nothing in HikaShop which could delete product prices on its own besides what I just mentioned above.

5 years 3 months ago #302386

Hi Nicholas,

thanks again. I've looked at your suggestions. I do not use mass actions or uploades, but checked them and do not see anything. (There is no mass action and no upload). Any idea what kind of extension might cause problems?

I've also asked someone with more technical skills than myself to look at it. Oh and I would be happy to give you a login if you're interested to have a look (you can send a bill)

Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by OtenKing1.

5 years 3 months ago #302393

Hi,

I was thinking about a data extension. Like for example, CSV improved which can also alter the product data dynamically.

Now it could be that the database has been messed up. You can try to click on the "check database" button of the HikaShop configuration, that might help. We've seen through the years some people without auto_increment on the tables of HikaShop after some migration due to a bug in their migration tools leading to eratic issues.

Besides all that, I don't know.
We could potentially have a look at the backend but for that we would need that you're able to consistantly reproduce the issue and that you provide precise steps for us to be able to do so. Are you able to do that ?

5 years 3 months ago #302440

I checked the database, this is what I get. Only one item says "Missing" but it appears to have been fixed? I will wait a bit if my developer can find what is wrong, otherwise I will let you know so you can have a look (I can reproduce the issue)

OK Table "hikashop_address" checked

OK Table "hikashop_badge" checked

OK Table "hikashop_banner" checked

OK Table "hikashop_cart" checked

OK Table "hikashop_cart_product" checked

OK Table "hikashop_category" checked

OK Table "hikashop_characteristic" checked

OK Table "hikashop_click" checked

OK Table "hikashop_config" checked

OK Table "hikashop_currency" checked

OK Table "hikashop_discount" checked

OK Table "hikashop_download" checked

OK Table "hikashop_entry" checked

OK Table "hikashop_field" checked

OK Table "hikashop_file" checked

OK Table "hikashop_filter" checked

OK Table "hikashop_geolocation" checked

OK Table "hikashop_history" checked

OK Table "hikashop_limit" checked

OK Table "hikashop_massaction" checked

OK Table "hikashop_order" checked

OK Table "hikashop_orderstatus" checked

OK Table "hikashop_order_product" checked

OK Table "hikashop_payment" checked

OK Table "hikashop_price" checked

OK Table "hikashop_product" checked

OK Table "hikashop_product_category" checked

OK Table "hikashop_product_related" checked

OK Table "hikashop_plugin" checked

OK Table "hikashop_shipping" checked

OK Table "hikashop_shipping_price" checked

OK Table "hikashop_tax" checked

OK Table "hikashop_taxation" checked

OK Table "hikashop_user" checked

OK Table "hikashop_variant" checked

OK Table "hikashop_vote" checked

OK Table "hikashop_vote_user" checked

OK Table "hikashop_waitlist" checked

OK Table "hikashop_widget" checked

OK Table "hikashop_zone" checked

OK Table "hikashop_zone_link" checked

OK Table "hikashop_warehouse" checked

OK Table "hikashop_email_log" checked

Info Missing core categories fixed

OK Product categories checked

OK Variants orphan links cleaned

OK Joomla users synchronized

OK User email addresses synchronized

5 years 3 months ago #302445

Hi,

Yes, you don't have to worry about that message, and in any case, it's not related to your issue.

• Thank you received: 42
  • Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
5 years 3 months ago #302503

Could it be related to the problem I reported earlier today?
https://www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-display/896643-price-date-restrictions-applied-when-editing-product.html

With a new install of joomla, HikaShop & HikaMarket I set a price start date in the past and an end date in 2 minutes time then set a new price starting a second after and leave the end date blank and save. If I make a dummy edit in the product and save, when I view the product in the 2nd price period the price shown is 'Free' because the blank end date has been replaced by 1970-01-01

Apologies if it isn't related

regards
Trevor

Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by trevsmiff. Reason: Reason: Confirmed with a clean install of Joomla, HikaSop & HikaMarket

5 years 3 months ago #302508

The changing of the date after saving is what happens with me as well, in some cases deleting the price. It doesn't change to 1970 though. It's just one ore two days before or after the dat I try to set.

5 years 3 months ago #302555

Hi,

No the problems are not related.
Are you able to consistantly reproduce the problem OtenKing1 (I mean that you can do a set of steps which always result in the issue) ? In that case, could you provide a precise set of instructions to reproduce the issue on your backend along with a backend access so that we can check your situation ?
You can provide that along with a link to this thread via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

• Thank you received: 610
5 years 3 months ago #302628

Hello,

I process some tests in your backend and was able to define start & end dates in your product prices and keep it after have leave the products settings and go back or refresh setting page.

The only point I can see, is that previous settings isn't keep only when you open setting price, but are saved, when you click on ok then save (on general product page settings)

Can you precise a step by step procedure in order to be able to see the issue.
Regards

Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Philip.

5 years 3 months ago #302689

1. Login to the backend (you have the details)
2. Select the product: this product
3. Go to pricing section and select the product with minimum quantity 10 (current price is 10,75 incl VAT)by clicking the pencil/edit icon
4. Set the enddate tot 2019-01-31 23:59. You can use either the datepicker, or type it in manually, this makes no difference
5. Click “Ok” (you will see the dates are correct)
6. Click “Save” at the top to save the product with the prices
7. Click the “+” sign to add a price
8. Enter the price including VAT of 10,95 and set the start date at 2019-02-01 00:01. You can use either the datepicker, or type it in manually, this makes no difference
9. Click “Ok” (you will see the dates are correct)
10. Click “Save” at the top to save the product with the prices
11. In my example, after Saving the product with the prices (as set in the above stept) resulted in the following changes;
a. The end date of the old price (10,75) changed to 2019-01-31 21:59
b. The start date of the new price (10,95) changed to 2019-01-31 23:01

5 years 3 months ago #302696

Hi,

I did the exact steps that you listed in your last message and I got a correct result:
monosnap.com/file/I7oAxbga15zvQJcPoDKmooT2jp4WCp
I suppose that you didn't do these steps with the account you provided us and that the issue you have is a wrong timezone configuration (in your user account settings ?) which leads to that problem.

5 years 3 months ago #302717

Hi!

The timezonesetting for my own admin account was correct (amsterdam), but for your account I did not set a specific timezone (use standard/default). I changed the timezone setting of my own account to use default and had the same results. So I tried to do it with the account I provided you with and I have the same problem.

I noticed that I missed One step in my list of instructions; After saving the product, close the product, then open it and then the times are changed.
You might have to "save & close" the product twice, but trust me, the date/times change again.

5 years 3 months ago #302766

Hi,

I was able to reproduce the problem.
However, that doesn't change the diagnostic much. The problem is still a timezone issue. It might not be at the user account level, but in the Joomla configuration or the PHP/server timezone level. So please check these. You might have to ask your hosting for the timezone of the server.

5 years 2 months ago #302772

Hi there! Thanks for testing again. I am glad you were able to reproduce what happened as well.

I will try to go further into the time zone issue.

5 years 2 months ago #302844

Hi there.

I tested on a different server of which I knew for sure had a correct timezone setting. I had no problems there. So I contacted my host and they said that the timezone was correct, but that they reconfirmed the setting to make sure. After that I had no problems anymore.

So it's fixed!

Thanks for helping and testing.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 2 months ago #302845

Hello,

Good to know that your hosting company fixed the timezone configuration.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds