Create a page jump?

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 5 months ago #311856

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.walttools.com/product-categories/category/concrete-stamps
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.12
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : mozilla
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No Error message.

I would like to know how to place a button near the top of my category content page(below the category title) that will take you down to the bottom of the page in a click. I was hoping something was there in short cuts but I could not find it. We have a great deal of content on our category pages and some people are not scrolling down far enough to actually get to product. Especially mobile. We want to keep the content but make for a better user experience with finding products. For example on this page www.walttools.com/product-categories/category/concrete-stamps there is good content but alot to go thru before reaching product. I feel that if the top is says (click here to shop all our great concrete stamp patterns) they can skip the reading if wanted. The button would just page jump to the bottom. Any thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 5 months ago #311867

Hi,

You can do that with pure HTML in the description of the category.
At the beginning, you can add your button:

<a href="#toCategories" class="btn">Click here to see the categories</a>
And at the end of the description, you can add:
<span id="toCategories"></span>

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 4 months ago #312718

Thank you for the tip. That worked. Now I just have to learn html so I can make it a bold red button for visibility, lol
Sorry for the late reply.

• Thank you received: 747
4 years 4 months ago #312730

walttools wrote: Now I just have to learn html so I can make it a bold red button for visibility, lol

Hi,
That's simple. You gave it the class "btn". Make that "btn btn-lg btn-danger" instead.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds