Google Search Console warning

• Thank you received: 10
3 years 11 months ago #317910

Just recently started using google search console as a test on 1 site with a shop. As i'm entirely new to this not sure how to address this. There's currently a warning in the console for the following

• Missing field: 'priceValidUntil'
  • Missing field: 'aggregateRating'
  • Missing field: 'review'[/i]
  • Missing field: 'url'
  • Missing field: 'No general ID declared? (like gtin, mpbn, isbn)

No idea where to set the first 2, review are disabled (which i'd like to keep that way, just fix that warning), and URL's in hikashop are set under SEF URL options to 'Force canonical URLS on listings: No, create URLs'. Unless that is referring to something else

I did manage to fix the 'brand' and 'sku' warning

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 11 months ago #317912

Hi,

Well, the thing is that these are basically "things that google would like to know". It's not things that you have to provide.
For example, for the aggregateRating and review, HikaShop can provide them. But only if you activate the vote & comment system. Without votes or comment, then it's normal that you get these warnings. If you don't want to have vote & comment, then you should ignore these.
Same for the priceValidUntil. It would only be useful of you would know that your prices would change in the future and when. The goal here is that if google knows when the price will change, it can schedule when to index again your product details page to get the new price. But if you don't provide it, it will just index your pages whenever its algorithm tells it to.
Similarly, providing a brand for products made by yourself (like for example for our products on our website) makes no sense so it's better to not add it and have the warning than filling something just to have something. It's useful to fill it when it makes sense like for example if you're reselling shoes (Nike, Addidas) and the name of the shoe doesn't contain the name of the brand.

Now if you really want to remove them, you can create one custom product field per value missing, and modify the show_default.php view file to add the meta tags with the data from the custom fields. But I think you're wasting your time here and might create more problems to your SEO and work for you than anything.

• Thank you received: 10
3 years 11 months ago #317967

thanks, i'll live with it then :)

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 1 month ago #329477

Hello.......!

most of the website URLs getting the warning ' Missing field Price Valid Until in google search console. I cannot find any option on how to sort it out, could you please help me how to fix this warning. it also affecting my website traffic http://mydaddymeclothes.com

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 1 month ago #329492

Hi,

The "PriveValidUntil" field is only useful if you change your prices often and you don't use the HikaShop Google Products plugin to send the products information to google regularily so that Google can anticipate the price changes and reindex your pages adequately.
But as I said 9 months ago

these are basically "things that google would like to know". It's not things that you have to provide.

. Not providing these to Google won't impact your SEO or your website traffic.
So unfortunately, these are not fixable, and even if they were, they wouldn't help you increase your website traffic.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds