How to include customer VAT number on invoice

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Essential
5 years 1 day ago #305195

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.4

Hello,

Please could somebody advise me how to display customers' VAT numbers on the invoice that I print out from the back-end.

I have gone to display > custom fields and then published address_vat, but I still cannot see the VAT number on the invoice.

I have seen previous posts saying that you then need to amend the "address_template" view file of the backend template. I know this sounds really silly, but when I go to display > views, the only address_template files I can see are all for frontend. I tried to amend the protostar template, which is what I think I am using, but that still did not help.

Please can someone explain how to find which template I am using for the backend and also where to locate the backend address_template file.

Many thanks in advance,
Bella

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 1 day ago #305206

Hi,

On the invoice, the custom address fields are displayed thanks to the address_template view, indeed.
In the HikaShop configuration, under the "checkout" tab, you have the "address format" setting which you can use instead of editing the view files. When you save the configuration, it will update both the address_template view files on the frontend and the backend (and yes, there is an address_template view file in the backend too, you must have missed it).

The following user(s) said Thank You: Bella1975

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Essential
5 years 1 day ago #305226

Thank you so much, that has solved the issue for me and was so simple. Many thanks for your help and very quick response. :)

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds