No products displayed on Cart

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 5 months ago #312250

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.upledger.at/shop-new
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.12
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all Browsers
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no entry found

If I add an article to the shopping cart it is shown in the checkout bill but not in customer-orders

But in customer orders there is shown: "no entry found" - even the product is on the bill?

What am I doing wrong?
The customer-orders worked already, but suddenly not anymore?
Please help!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 5 months ago #312260

Hi,

Your screenshot is from the orders listing. This display a listing of the orders of of the customer. An order is only created after the customer has clicked on the "finish" button at the end of the checkout.
If you want to see a listing of the carts of the customer, you need to create a menu item of the type "HikaShop carts listing" via the Joomla menu manager and not a menu item of the type "hikaShop orders listing".

4 years 5 months ago #312273

thnak you for your information - sadly I have no HikaShop Menu item "Carts Listening" :-(
What shall I do?

Attachments:

4 years 5 months ago #312293

Hi,

The "carts listing" menu item type is only available with HikaShop Essential and HikaShop Business.
I suppose you must be using HikaShop Starter which doesn't have that option.
In that case, you can choose "checkout" to access the cart on the checkout page.
Note that you can also configure your checkout under the "Checkout" tab of the HikaShop configuration. For example, you can make it so that you only display the cart on the first step of the checkout so your customers will be able to see only their cart on the first step of the checkout which can act as a cart details page.
Alternatively, you can also configure the "HikaShop cart module" via the Joomla modules manager in order to display your cart in a position of your template, or even in a Joomla article (with the "load position" system of Joomla).

4 years 5 months ago #312332

so if I buy HikaShop Esseentials, because it´s really a very small shop, with maybe € 500,- annual sales (maybe even less), can I have then a carts listening?
I would like to have:
1) Categories (only 3 in my shop: https://www.upledger.at/shop-uioe )
2) Carts listening - so that the user/buyer can controll what he put into his basket (without buying)
3) Registration - but I would love to have the full Registration form as shown, because our users are too stupid for the normal Joomla registration
4) Check out (legacy) - I don´t understand the difference between legacy and normal check out? and payment.

I would also need help, because we only offer payment by bill (no credicards, paypal or other methods). But sadly, I need a funny "Order Number" which the user doesn´t have???
I tried everything to do make without an order number, but it´s not possible. So for now I wrote: "please type "new" in the field Order-Number and click the 'transmit'-button - because otherwise the ordering is not possible :-(

So if I can solve these 2 problems, I would love to buy HikaShop Essentials - because I tried now hundreds of hours and can´t manage these very very easy requirements :-(

My only problem is: must I install HikaShop completely new if I buy Essentials?

Attachments:

4 years 5 months ago #312353

Hi,

I don't think that you need the Essential edition for users to be able to edit their cart (altough I would be happy that you purchase it :)).
Just configure the "checkout workflow" setting of the Hikashop configuration so that you have the "cart" view in the first step of your checkout and that should be good enough.

Regarding the checkout legacy, you can activate and deactivate it under the Advanced tab of the HikaShop configuration thanks to the "checkout legacy" setting. You'll see directly the difference if you look at the "Checkout" tab after saving the change.
The legacy checkout is the old checkout which was in HikaShop 1.x and 2.x. And the new checkout was added in HikaShop 3.
If possible, it's better to use the new checkout and not the legacy one.

Regarding the "order number", I suppose that you mean that you created a payment method of the type "purchase order". In that case, the customer has to enter a purchase order number during the checkout:
businessadvice.co.uk/tax-and-admin/invoi...-are-they-important/
If you don't want that, then you don't want to use that payment method. Instead you should use another one like "collect on delivery". you can jsut change its name to what you need it to be.

Finally, regarding the upgrade to Essential, no you don't have to reconfigure anything when you upgrade. You just install the install package on your website and it will do the upgrade, like an update would do the changes.

4 years 5 months ago #312416

Hello Nicolas,

wow - your help is so great and wonderful, that I should buy HikaShop Essentials only for the help and the time you spent already with my stupid questions.
According to your instruction I ranked Carts now on first position.
Then I deleted the product list - because you get the category on first page anyway.
As 2nd button I made "register and payment" - there you can see now the products on top (because of Carts is 1st now) followed by the login-screen. If you don´t have an account yet, you see directly beside on the right "register".
If everything is ready as the customer likes, he can scroll down for payment, which works perfectly now with "collect on delivery" - without any numbers or codes.
Can you have a short look if everything correct: https://www.upledger.at/shop-uioe but for me it´s looks fine. Very little shop, but it mainly has all features a shop should have.
The only thing which could be better is, the "Einkauf fortsetzen"-Button (continue shopping) could be higher, maybe directly under Carts. But I think it´s okay.
The "Product orders" I left as 3rd Button in my side-menu (before 2nd), this way registered user can watch what they bought already :-) I think it´s a nice feature.

Thank you so much for your help!!! You´re the very best!

4 years 5 months ago #312426

Hi,

Thank you !
If you want to help us, you can also post a nice comment on the Joomla Extension Directory:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...opping-cart/hikashop
It helps a lot :)

Your shop looks fine.
I would recommend an easier way to access the checkout for your customers.
You could either configure the HikaShop cart module via the Joomla modules manager, or change the settings of the "HikaShop cart notification" plugin via the Joomla plugins manager to have a central notification popup after the add to cart instead of a top right notification box. In that case, the notification popup will have a button to continue shopping or access the checkout.
And if you use the HikaShop cart module, you can configure it to display a "proceed to checkout" button.

Regarding the continue shopping button on the checkout, you could copy the HTML of that button (you can look at that with the inspector tool of your browser) and paste it in a "text" view you would add in your "Checkout workflow" in the HikaShop configuration.
That way, you could place the button elsewhere in the checkout.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds