Delete Customer Registration Information

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 2 weeks ago #317222

-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.16
-- PHP version -- : 7.2

Where do we delete a customer's registration information? We deleted the sales record for the customer but HikaShop continues to recognize that individual.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
4 years 2 weeks ago #317232

Hi,

If the user has a user account on your website, you need to go in the Joomla user manager and delete it from there.
If not, you can go in the Customers menu of HikaShop and select the user from that listing and delete it.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 2 weeks ago #317243

Does Hikashop also work with the privacy tool?

4 years 2 weeks ago #317251

Hi,

Yes. If you activate the privacy plugins of Joomla, you'll see the privacy policy question during the HikaShop registration too.

The following user(s) said Thank You: webmasterab

4 years 2 weeks ago #317268

I think the issue is that we are building out a new Hikashop install and used an admin account to test the checkout/cart. Now when we go back to the checkout the registration form doesn't appear and If I delete that account I delete the super admin account.

4 years 2 weeks ago #317271

Hi,

Well, if you're logged in with your admin account, you of course won't see the registration form.
And you should not delete your super admin account.

The following user(s) said Thank You: dagroupinc

• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 11 months ago #319398

Hi I had a similar issue.
My client required the shop to be guest checkout having previously allowed user registrations. The issue was that return customers couldnt checkout as guest as they had a previous account in joomla. The website now no longer allows users to login so we had to correct this.
The solution is to (BACKUP FIRST)

• Delete all your previous users in Joomla Registration (pointless to keep their accounts if they can't login)
  • go to phpMyAdmin and UPDATE `jos_hikashop_user` SET `user_cms_id` = '0';
  • This will disconnect old hikashop users with previous joomla accounts from your hikashop Customer / User database

@hikashop could there be some kind of user sync in hikashop that would correct such a scenario? E.g like community builder does (sync joomla users to cb)

Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by huwhuw.

3 years 11 months ago #319402

Hi,

If you delete a user via the Joomla user manager, the Hikashop user synchronization plugin will delete the entry in hikashop_user, unless the user has orders linked to it. And if it does, it is supposed to set the user_cms_id to 0 automatically.

Now if you delete your joomla users via the database, the synch plugin won't be triggered, and in that case if you click on the "check database" button of the HikaShop configuration, it will resynch the user_cms_id of the users automatically. So you wouldn't have to run that MySQL query in the database.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds