Guest checkout but option to register

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 10 months ago #320203

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.19

Hello,

I have two groups of customers on Hikashop. Guests (plain customers) and Registered (traders).

I have enabled guest checkout for plain customers.
But I want to allow traders to register on the shop through a special registration page (I will manually enable their accounts later after verifying that they are traders).

Everything is setup but when the guest checkout is enabled, then Hikashop registration is disabled so I'm stuck there.
Guest checkout shouldn't disable registration globally, just at the checkout process.

With regards,
Yannis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 610
3 years 10 months ago #320219

Hello,

In our mind, have your guest checkout enabled doesn't avoid to registered, so we need to better understand the situation.
Can you please provide a screenshot of LOGIN & REGISTRATION part ?
You will find it from Main HikaShop Configuration, Checkout tab and then it's the last part, at the very bottom of the page.

Awaiting news from you in order to better understand your context.
Regards

Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 10 months ago #320273

Hello,

thank you for your prompt reply!
I was thinking the same thing.

So here is a screenshot of my Checkout Login & Registration configuration:

Also, here is the link of the Hikashop registration form menu item: seemybag.gr/alpha/login-or-register

As you can see, the registration form shows incomplete with guest checkout enabled - when I disable guest checkout all the fields appear including Username, Password etc.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 10 months ago #320279

Hi,

HikaShop's registration option doesn't disable Joomla's registration page.
So create a menu item of the type user registration via the Joomla menu manager and people will be able to register via the Joomla registration form of that menu item even with HikaShop in guest mode only.
Note that if you see the guest form of HikaShop when you access that menu item, it means that you've activated the "redirect Joomla registration to HikaShop" plugin via the Joomla plugins manager and you want to disable that.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 10 months ago #320364

Hello,

I would like to have the Hikashop registration form so that I can register a customer (with address fields etc), not just a Joomla user.

Shouldn't it be possible to register a user separately of the checkout proccess?

Thank you,
Yannis

3 years 10 months ago #320383

Hi,

The registration form page of HikaShop is tied to the same option as the registration form of the checkout.
So they behave the same.
Now it could be possible to separate it into two options and handle each form separately with some development.
We didn't choose to do so so far when you're in "guest mode" only.
Now why not set the "Display method for registration" to "selector" and choose both "registration" and "guest" in the "registration" option ?
That way, your users would be able to register or guest checkout on your checkout. And on the registration form page, the registration form would appear.

The following user(s) said Thank You: OnslaughtUK

• Hikashop Business
3 years 10 months ago #320466

Hello Nicolas,

thank you for your reply!

This is my situation:
a) I want only guest checkout for customers to avoid any complexity during the checkout process. From my experience this works best in my shop.
b) All the registered users are Merchants with zero VAT and special wholesaler prices.

I need the Hikashop registration form so that new Merchants (wholesalers) can apply for an account which will be later verified and enabled by an administrator. And I have added fields for some extra info I want to issue receipts with their Company name, VAT number etc.
I thought it is quite normal to use the Hikashop registration form outside the cart checkout process to let them apply for an account. Now the Hikashop registration form loads and when someone completes it it says "successful registration" but of course nothing really happens.

Thank you for your time and cooperation!
Yannis

3 years 10 months ago #320480

Hi,

Did you configure the "Display method for registration" to "selector" and choose both "registration" and "guest" in the "registration" option as I said in my previous message ?
Could you provide a screenshot of the settings of the Joomla user manager too ?

I think that with these settings, you can then just add a bit of CSS or a small PHP modification to remove the "registration" choice from the checkout while having the registration form on the registration form page.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 10 months ago #320573

Thank you so much for the idea!!! :cheer:

This really is the best solution. I set the Display method to selector and now my Registration Form loads perfectly!
I will hide the selector at the checkout using CSS!

Just for reference and for others I attach here the screenshot from my settings.

Until today Hikashop has covered every need I had!
Keep up with your excellent and expert support!

Best,
Yannis

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds