Displaying Two login forms

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 10 months ago #320816

Hi

I see two login forms at the URL shared. My requirement is to have a Login/Registration menu at the top right corner of the page. Then after clicking on it Login or Registration page should be displayed. Depending on the user if registered earlier will do the login else will do the registration.

Once the user is logged in, his/her name and logout button should be displayed at top right corner of the page in the place of Login since user is already logged in.

Can you please guide?

Many thanks.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 10 months ago #320821

Hi,

This is a Joomla question. I would recommend to post such questions on forum.joomla.org where people will be able to answer you about these.
Our forum is only for HikaShop related questions.

Now to answer you, the login form on the right is displayed by the Joomla login module. If you don't want it, you can disable it. And if you want it only after you're logged in to display the "Hi xxx" text, then you can change its access level to "registered" so that it won't appear unless you're logged in.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Harrier

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 10 months ago #320855

Sorry, Nicolas for posting the Joomla stuff here. I am not being a technical person who could not differentiate. Your solution to change the login form to the registered level works great! Thanks!

Now, after the user logged in, the Login and Registration menu on the main menu bar should not be displayed on all the pages until the user logs out.

Also in Registration form can we have a field for User Name to decide the user about while filling the registration form?

Can we show any dialog box after user logged in, log out to inform him/her that the login/logout is successful?

Can you please help me with that?

May thanks.

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 10 months ago #320875

Hi,

Similarily, in the Joomla menu manager, you can edit your "login and registration" menu item and you'll find an "access level" setting that you can change to "guest" so that only guest users will see it.

The username field should appear by default in the registration form of Joomla, so I'm not sure what you mean. Please provide a link to that registration form.

For the dialog box after login maybe this can do it:
extensions.joomla.org/extension/login-popup-by-extstore/
Otherwise, here is a subject about this on the joomla forum:
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=947855
I really think you should post these questions there not here.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds