Modifying Registration form

• Thank you received: 10
3 years 9 months ago #320837

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.19
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.18

I have the joomla redirect plugin active and user registration (while site is in development) DISABLED.

I'd like to add a topmenu with <register> (guest ACL) - <login> (guest ACL) - <account> (hikashop account overview, registered)

When i try this with the default joomla method it works like desired but the field labels appear on the right above the forrm instead of on the left above (or left before the field)

Is there any way use the hikashop registration redirect but split the login and registration functions? Or is this not possible.

Something i noticed on the hikashop registration form is showing the e-mail and e-mail confirmation fields at the top. Then below begins a section "Address Information", but it is not showing a field to let the customer choose a username or a "Account Information" title for example

Eg:

"Account Information"

Username <inputfield

Now i tried registering (while registration was not allowed under joomla manager) and i was greeted upon clicking next by the message "thank you for your registration". Now i don't know if this is a bug, or an error in the language file.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
3 years 9 months ago #320871

Hi,

I'm not following you.

the field labels appear on the right above the forrm instead of on the left above (or left before the field)

Could you provide a link to that page ?

Is there any way use the hikashop registration redirect but split the login and registration functions? Or is this not possible.

I don't see why using that redirect plugin would be a problem with have two different pages for the registration and the login. So yes, it's possible.

Something i noticed on the hikashop registration form is showing the e-mail and e-mail confirmation fields at the top. Then below begins a section "Address Information", but it is not showing a field to let the customer choose a username or a "Account Information" title for example

Check the "registration" setting under the "checkout" tab of the HikaShop configuration. If you selected "simplified registration" instead of "registration" in that setting, then the "username" field will be removed from the form and HikaShop will use the email address as username automatically.

3 years 9 months ago #320906

The field labels part only applies when using the default login/registration form.

The "missing" username seems to be tied to the "Registration > Guest" option.

I'd love to use the "all-in-one" function WHILE giving the user the option to create an account.

The "split" functionality is NOT the "switcher" function currently possible, but 2 distinctively seperate forms. (1 for login, 1 for registration)

3 years 9 months ago #320914

Hi,

Ok, but you lost me more. Do you need any more help here ?

3 years 9 months ago #320954

Yes, maybe i'm not explaining myself.

I'd like to offer both guest AND registration on checkout. But currently i can't get this working in the following config

"Login & Registration"
> Login: Yes
> Display method: All in one page
> Registration: Guest

During "Guest" mode checkout. There's only the option to either login, or checkout as guest, user can't register on checkout. Now. Layout-wise "Guest" mode seems to be identical to "simplified" (i'm not talking actually functionality wise)

If i change > Registration to "Register" the user gets an all-in-one form for registration. But then i lose guest checkout functionality.

If i change "Display method" to "Switcher" and i enable "register and guest checkboxes" i get both options. The thing is i'd like to use the all-in-one form for on this site design in question. Which by the looks of it (or i'm doing it wrong) doesn't support having both login/guest AND registration.

Reason for all this "trouble" is because this site has a topmenu where i'd like to have a menu item that specifically enables to create a shop account (not even in checkout mode) while still giving the visitor the option to checkout as guest.

3 years 9 months ago #320970

Hi,

Having both the registration form and the guest form and the login on the "all in one" mode would require three columns of forms, one for each. And it wouldn't fit in width with most templates. Plus, it would look strange. That's why only the switcher offers that capability of having both the guest and the registration forms.
What you could do is use the "all in one" mode with the guest form, and add a big button at the top to the Joomla registration form if people want to register.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds