Hikashop Contact Form questions

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 9 months ago #321386

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.19
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google and Firefox last versions

I want to use hikasho Contact form, but I'm a little confused.
How to add a "receive a copy"? I can add a custom field checkbox (table Contact), but what about the event? Have I to add some code somewhere?
Is it possible to add "attachments" feature?
The ReCaptcha (using Hikashop plugin) appears only when nobody is logged in: is it correct?
Is it possible to someway position ReCaptcha just before submit button? The plugin has not this option, neither for resgistration form (very distant here and not so comfortable) nor for contact form.
Thank you
Ruggero

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 9 months ago #321413

Hi,

There is no "receive a copy" option. That's to avoid spam as that capability is often used by spammers to send emails to others (they enter the email address of someone else and their text so that the other gets a spam email sent from your email server (which then lead to your email server being flagged as a spammer).
I would recommend not to add that capability.

If you want to add it, you can edit the "contact" email via the menu System>Emails and add such code in the preload:

if(!empty($data->element->xxx)) {
 $mail->cc_email = $data->element->email;
}
where xxx is the column name of your custom contact field.
If you create a custom field of the table "contact" and of the type "ajax file", then the user can add a file to his contact request.
That custom field will be displayed as a download link in the email, not an attachment. To have it as a attachment to the email would require some more complex development but it's not impossible.
It's normal that the ReCaptcha doesn't appear when you're logged in since you already did the captcha when you registered. The goal is to not harass real people with captchas whenever they try to do something on your website.

Regarding the position of the captcha, you have the setting "Display position on contact forms" for the contact form and "Display after" for the registration form. Both are in the settings of the Recaptcha plugin via the joomla plugins manager.

3 years 9 months ago #321421

Thank you very much Nicolas for your exhaustive answers.
I didn't know about 'receive a copy' dangers, I won't use it any more!
With my best regards
Ruggero

3 years 9 months ago #321427

Sorry Nicolas, just a specification.
In my plugin HikaShop ReCaptcha v2 there are only 3 position 'after' options: password, email, address. No after textarea or others.
Thanks for your attention
Ruggero

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 9 months ago #321438

Hi,

The "display after" option is for the registration form. There is no textarea on the registration form. And the last thing there is the address block. so if you configure it to "address", it will add the captcha after the address, and thus, just before the submit button, which is what you wanted.

The following user(s) said Thank You: coquin

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds