Order Status Email Subject Showing ORDER_STATUS_NOTIFICATION_SUBJECT

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 4 months ago #326963

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.22
-- PHP version -- : 7.4

Hello,

Normally I have been manually clicking order and selecting email to update shipping status and include tracking number. I noticed that when you change the order status and select notify checkbox it brings up the email message. Everything is working except the actual email subject. I am wanting the Subject line to simply let the customer know their order has shipped (Your Order No. 38383 Has Shipped) but the actual subject is sending ORDER_STATUS_NOTIFICATION_SUBJECT. What do i need to update or tweak to get correct working instead of that?

Thanks N Advance

Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by dklbwf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13063
3 years 4 months ago #326965

You can edit the menu via the menu System>Emails.
There, you are able to enter the subject you want.
By default it should be ORDER_STATUS_NOTIFICATION_SUBJECT which is then normally replaced automatically by the corresponding text from the translation file of HikaShop that you can check under the "Languages" tab of the HikaShop configuration.
So three things:
- it could be that you have extra spaces in the subject which would mess with the system not finding the corresponding translation
- it could be that you have an error in the translation file preventing the system from loading properly the subject translation.
- you could directly change the text in the input field when you edit the email. You could have for example:
Your Order No. %s Has %s

The following user(s) said Thank You: dklbwf

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 4 months ago #326996

Thanks a bunch for that information. I had customization that was causing the issue. I'd like to have a small check mark emoji for all my shipping emails that go out. Is it possible to automate this somehow in language file or will I have to manually add ✅ each time?

I'd like shipping email subject to be: ✅Your order No. P3B00 is now shipped at www.website.com/

• Thank you received: 13063
3 years 4 months ago #327023

Hi,

You should be able to add that in the translation file with an override of the subject:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify

The following user(s) said Thank You: dklbwf

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds