Waitlist issues

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 3 months ago #328262

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.24
-- PHP version -- : 7.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Some notes about pure waitlist realization:

A user can subscribe to a product waitlist with an empty name or email, both should be required.

The ID of the currently logged user is not stored in the database but it should, all waitlist records of the registered users should be probably deleted once a Joomla user is deleted.

If a Joomla user is registered with an email stored in the waitlist for guest users, waitlist items should be mapped to this user via user ID.

There is no way to see/change the waitlist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 3 months ago #328289

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Note that a guest user cannot subscribe to a product waitlist without an email address. It is mandatory.
I did some tests following your message, and I can see that I can subscribe to the waitlist after having emptied the email address if I'm logged in. That's indeed a problem. We're going to fix that.
The name is not mandatory and not much useful. It's only there to be included in the email notification.

If you want to see or change the waitlists, you can do so via the menu Customers->Waitlists in your backend.

The way the system was made, it allows you to enter another email address than the one you registered with for the waitlist notification. And it's not linked to your user account. But it could indeed make sense to have a link to the user, especially to remove the waitlists after the user is deleted. We'll add that on our todo list.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds