HS 4.4.5 + PHP 8.x gives registration "error"

• Thank you received: 10
2 years 2 months ago #338617

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.4
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.27/8.0.14
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : #0 implode(): Argument #1 ($pieces) must be of type array, string given

When combining hikashop 4.4.5 with PHP 8.x(0.14 in my case) registration partially fails. On the front-end the error

"#0 implode(): Argument #1 ($pieces) must be of type array, string given" is shown, implying to the user that there was a problem (i don't know what) registering. However when checking on the BACKEND, the user is listed. When setting PHP back to 7.4 everything functions as normal.

Seeing as PHP 7.4 has entered its security release only, it's vital for me to move all my sites over to PHP 8

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
2 years 2 months ago #338640

Hi,

Please try again after activating the "debug system" setting of the joomla configuration.
It will display more information along with the error message which will allow us to understand what problem you have in order to provide a solution.

2 years 2 months ago #338871

Sorry about the delay. Forum didn't notify me of a response despite enabling the option.

on the front-end, nothing changes. Error remains identical. Pressing the browser "back" button (not using a standard page refresh) the warning "You must accept the privacy policy" appears. Could this be another "GDPR" induced problem?

Trying to edit a user on the backend though gives the exact same error.

0 implode(): Argument #1 ($pieces) must be of type array, string given.

Trying to modify an existing user on the backend gives the same error, but the change IS saved.

Setting error reporting on the backend to "development" gives the following error.

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /var/www/vhosts/<domain.tld>/httpdocs/administrator/templates/isis/html/com_users/users/default.php on line 96

Go back to 7.4 and the backend warning stays but front-end registration behaves just fine and an activation link is e-mailed. Based upon the e-mail look and the link sent it has to be something hikashop related i think. As the link that gets sent is

/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=user&task=activate&activation=<insert hash?>

below the link the username that just registered gets listed.

Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Ch3vr0n. Reason: more info

2 years 2 months ago #338878

So i asked this question over at the Joomla forum too. A mod had this to say (see attachment). Maybe it's of help, as the only extension i know of that is installed that modifies user registration is the hikashop registration redirect plugin.

additional info

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Ch3vr0n.

2 years 2 months ago #338896

i checked out that specific file just now and its this

$allowed_admins_prm_arr[] = $allowed_admins_prm[0]

Then out of shere curiousity i figured lets check the header if this is even a hikashop file at all. It's not. Its from the component "Login As User" by Web357. I need to take this issue up with them. I'll let you know how this turns out

• Thank you received: 13037
2 years 2 months ago #338906

Hi,

We you look at these errors, make sure you activate the "debug system" setting.
Otherwise, you get only a partial error message. If you want to know where exactly the error comes from for "0 implode(): Argument #1 ($pieces) must be of type array, string given" you need to activate that setting. You'll then get a full error message with the file path and line number where the error happens. That will also help the developer of that code understand where the problem is.
Without the full error message, I can't even say if the problem is in HikaShop or not, let alone what to do to fix it.

Regarding the email notifications, our server is sending them. them must be blocked by your email server because of the spam filter.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds